Director of Procurement at Toast
Bready to make a change?
The Director of Procurement will lead the development of a corporate-wide procurement strategy including policy and long-term cost structure goal development. The Director will act as a leader, coach and player across all facets of the procurement lifecycle; “rolling up the sleeves” as we build out a team. The Director will drive the implementation of procurement best practices and transformation activities, including identification and realization of cost-saving and cost-reduction opportunities to align with the company's mission and stakeholder needs.
About this roll*:
- Lead the development and execution of our sourcing and procurement strategies to ensure we meet our business goals and financial targets
- Partner cross-functionally within Toast to identify and forecast business needs and create highly effective strategic vendor, contract, and negotiation programs
- Oversee Procure to Pay program to ensure compliance and help scale in a fast paced environment with improved processes and automation
- Build a high performing procurement team and provide supervision, training, coaching and feedback to improve performance in meeting individual and functional goals
- Create and implement Procurement and Supply Chain KPI’s to measure performance and monitor macro trends in supplier and contract base to address cost and supply risks and opportunities
- Manage and continuously improve vendor relationships to drive value for the business
- Compile and analyze statistical data to determine value improvement opportunities and identify supply risks
- Collaborate with business managers on pricing, quotes and negotiating contracts
- Partner with hardware operations on inventory management
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration; Procurement certifications are a plus
- 10+ years of progressive procurement experience and 5+ years of management or leadership experience
- Experience in building a procurement function, developing a detailed strategic plan and managing multiple procurement professionals across a number of commodities
- Excellent communication and listening skills; Ability to work cross-functionally; Comfort and experience discussing with and presenting to senior leadership
- Change management skills and self-awareness to take varying approaches with a
dynamic set of stakeholders in a complex organization
- Knowledge and experience with vendor and enterprise risk management
- Strong negotiation skills for significant commercial deals
- Understanding of standard contractual terms and conditions to mitigate legal risk
- Strategic and analytical mindset with the ability to consider non-traditional approaches as the function, our needs and our industry evolves