Director of Platform Placement
Soofa is the neighborhood news feed that connects a community with screens everyone can see and anyone can use.
We are seeking a Director of Platform Placement to 4X our network of Soofa Signs across the United States in 2020 and build a roadmap to 2025 and beyond. You will lead Soofa’s City Growth team, define and execute partner strategy, and keep a clear goal on revenue while reporting to Soofa’s CEO. This is a senior role that requires a strong track record of measurable growth.
Soofa is for people with a shared stake in a special place. Join the movement!
- Hire, train, and lead Soofa’s City Growth team, including Municipal and Corporate Real Estate Growth Managers
- Lead the conversation and influence stakeholders to grow our network of Soofa Signs
- Own Soofa Sign placement from the pipeline stage through relationship building, negotiation, deal and terms, installation, retention, and expansion
- Meet and connect with a variety of stakeholders across diverse verticals
- Identify strategic opportunities for expansion in Soofa’s existing markets while rapidly iterating on profitable new verticals (Colleges? Hospital campuses? Who knows!) in the Northeast, Southeast, and U.S.-wide
- Work alongside Soofa’s media sales team to increase advertising opportunities and revenue
- Build and execute playbooks to maximize value with our site partners
- Track and plan for contract renewals, reporting, and other account management needs to ensure client goals are exceeded
- Maintain a deep understanding of Soofa’s product features and roadmap to recommend new products or improvements to customers
- 5+ years’ experience hiring, coaching, and mentoring a team of sales and account managers
- 3+ years’ experience working with government stakeholders and/or corporate real estate developers
- Proven ability to develop complex partner and territory plans and strategies
- An ultra-organized person who can handle many deals simultaneously
- Experience using a CRM
- Contract negotiation experience
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills; you love public speaking
- Strong interpersonal skills and track record of building collaborative relationships
- Entrepreneurial mindset: willingness to roll up your sleeves and contribute in a startup environment
- A patient and empathetic manager
- Extremely organized and able to manage multiple deals at once
Bonus Points For
- Experience in the IoT/smart cities space
- Startup or marketplace experience
- Experience working in the real estate industry in project management, finance, asset management, or trends forecasting
- Past experience in urban design, architecture, landscape architecture
- Proficiency in Hubspot
Perks of Working with Soofa
- Generous healthcare, dental, and parental leave packages
- Short- and long-term disability and life insurance
- Unlimited PTO
- Dog-friendly office
- Team lunches every Friday
- Team activities like ski trips, camping, Whiskey Wednesdays, etc.
- Company culture focused on talent development and caring personally
Soofa is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, genetic information, arrest record, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Soofa is dedicated to this policy with respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, benefits, employee activities, and general treatment during employment.