Director of Operations, Client Success at Panorama Education
Panorama Education, based in Boston, is a fast-growing technology startup focused on radically improving education. Today, 900 school systems serving ten million students have adopted the Panorama platform as paying customers including the entire states of Iowa and Hawaii as well as large districts like New York City, San Francisco, and Dallas. School systems turn to Panorama to ensure that each child is getting the support they need, so that more students succeed in school, graduate, and go on to college. Panorama helps educators monitor how students are doing across academics, attendance, behavior, and college readiness, and then coordinate action to support each child. Panorama’s platform also helps educators collect data about non-academic factors that are key to each child’s success in school and in life, such as social-emotional skills, safety, teacher-student relationships, and family engagement. Panorama has raised $45 million from Emerson Collective, YCombinator, Spark Capital, Owl Ventures, Uncork, and others.
About the Role:
Our extraordinary Client Success team has been a central part of Panorama’s overall success story to date. Our focus on stellar service, support, and strategic advising have resulted in clients who love to use our products and partner with us to significantly improve student outcomes. As the Client Success team continues to grow with Panorama’s client base, we are looking for an experienced operations leader to serve as the right hand to Panorama’s VP of Client Success.
Our ideal candidate is obsessed with creating an unparalleled client experience and delivering value to customers -- you understand that the foundation of Panorama’s long-term success is our clients and the impact we enable them to achieve. We’re looking for a proven strategic thinker, project manager, and culture builder -- you love creating, communicating, and iterating thoughtful processes to empower and scale high-performing teams.
The Director of Operations will report to the VP of Client Success and sit on the Client Success Leadership Team. The CS team is currently 60 people across Account Management, Services, Support, and Teaching & Learning, and we expect continued team growth in the coming years. This role is responsible for building out the Client Success Operations team and initially managing 1-2 direct reports. This role is based in Boston.
The Director of Operations, Client Success will have outsized impact on Panorama’s team members, clients, and the students they serve by:
- Partnering with the VP of Client Success and the Client Success team to identify and set top strategic and organizational priorities and establish, track, and manage the team to leading-indicator performance metrics
- With a constant eye on efficiency improvements, designing and implementing scalable processes to allow the growing Client Success team to serve Panorama’s clients in a way that builds client love and enables impact
- Leading the development and sharing of best practices across Client Success teams
- Proactively identifying gaps and risks to team performance and proposing and implementing initiatives to address them
- Working with our Engineering, Product, and Sales teams to enhance the client and employee experience by driving everything from incremental improvements to game-changing innovations
- Collaborating with our Finance team to deeply understand and forecast team capacity needs and client health
What We’re Looking For:
- At least 5 years of professional experience, preferably in client success, consulting, education, finance, operations, product, and/or strategy
- Deep experience leveraging data to influence business strategy, operations, culture, and building high-performing teams
- Thoughtful and deliberate about building culture and how culture drives performance
- Experience and passion for designing scalable processes to empower teams and serve clients
- Great at taking a project and “figuring it out” - you thrive in ambiguity and fast-changing environments
- Ability to work with stakeholders across an organization to synthesize input and drive action
- High EQ, highly-collaborative, good listener, strong communicator, approachable
- Passionate about education (education experience is a plus but not necessary)
- Experience with Salesforce and/or other workflow management tools a plus
Panorama Education is dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive company because we serve students, educators, and families from tremendously diverse backgrounds and identities across the country; we’ve seen how our product and impact are strengthened the more we reflect that diversity. In addition, we have found (and we believe the research) that diverse teams are higher-performing, and we embrace the varied perspectives that our team members share with each other. As such, we are an Equal Opportunity Employer.