Director, Network Engineering
The Director, Network Engineering designs, analyzes, plans and modifies network components supporting customer communication implementation activities. The Director, Network Engineering requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across the function or segment.
- Design the modernization of aging network architecture and ensure build out of new systems will scale through massive transformation and integrations.
- Work across functions and business units to be the point person on connectivity and technology integration.
- Ensure a proactive approach for network management and performance is built into the network strategy.
- Manage transition to cloud and IoT ready network.
- Create and support network automation components for use by DevOps teams.
- Create a software defined networking strategy with tools and metrics for success.
- Manage, grow and develop a team of top talent.
- Gather requirements and analyze data to build high-performance network environments.
- Define and document standards for routing and other network parameters to improve efficiency and achieve business goals.
- Interface with external vendors and network peers in a clear and concise manner
- Implement and utilize expanded network telemetry capability to create a highly resilient, self-remediating network traffic control.
- Provide support for major incidents and other critical network performance.
- Collaborate with infrastructure team members and others as necessary to assess near and long-term network capacity needs.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to network configuration, network mapping, processes and service records.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or similar field
- 8 or more years of technical experience
- 5 or more years of experience managing a large scale corporate network infrastructure
- Must be passionate about contributing to an organization focused on continuously improving consumer experiences
- Experience in Data Center/Hosting/Distributed network environment
- Proven experience with network capacity planning, network security principles, and general network management best practices.
- Strong, hands-on technical knowledge with networking technologies.
- Knowledge of MPLS, QoS, WAN Traffic Optimization and Prioritization.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Master’s Degree or higher in an engineering discipline
- Be able to own and be accountable for network project designs and configurations
- Ability to develop action plans with work estimates as part of IT projects.
- Ability to solve critical production issues when required
- Have worked with a high-availability systems environment
- Ability to apply the principles of analytical and critical thinking skills and other professional practices to diagnose or define problems, collect data and solve abstract problems with widespread unit or organization impact.