Klaviyo is looking for a highly experienced, hands on, Localization leader to join the marketing organization reporting into the VP, Customer Research and Insights based in the US. This individual will have full responsibility for developing, executing, and reporting on our localization initiatives globally. As a Localization leader In this role, you will be a key part of initiatives to raise adoption rates in our key international market, be an expert on customer success assets and review the entire program content to make sure localization is well thought in the design and content. Similarly, an in-depth understanding of local markets and cultural nuances as it pertains to localization is essential.
This is an exciting time to join Klaviyo, we are experiencing rapid growth, and we are now looking for an experienced leader to bring their expertise, data driven approach and cross-cultural knowledge to help us create, and execute, the strategies that will allow us to continue to scale.
How You'll Make a Difference...
- Manage each step of the localization process: initiating, executing, and closing projects. This will be across multiple projects simultaneously from beginning to end.
- Lead a team of project managers dotted line reporting to you by establishing team goals and working with them on strategies for executing localization projects at scale, measuring progress and sharing results
- Be a thought leader for localization launch and product readiness initiatives and guide the teams direction overall
- Build a vision to scale localization operations and drive implementation of strategic projects involving quantitative analysis, operational workflow improvements, capacity planning
- Build empathy for user experience in international markets, be an internal advocate for the global Klaviyo customer base, and partner with cross-functional teams to develop global products and content at scale
- Evangelize localization best practices, raise awareness of localization processes, requirements, timelines and impact with cross-functional partners
- Work with peer leaders within the Customer Success, Product, Engineering and International teams teams to ensure effective collaboration and transparency across verticals
- Provide support in navigating change as Localization processes, tools and the company's business needs evolve
- Identify and communicate with localization/copywriting vendors.
- Communicate effectively and proactively with stakeholders to ensure effective cross-team collaboration.
- Keep a running record of financial data for each project to ensure expenditure does not exceed the budget.
- Organize training sessions to review feedback and troubleshoot all project-related issues
- Build the initial process, tool and system and bring new ideas to gain efficiency.
Who You Are...
- Fluency in English is required. Additional languages are a plus.
- Proven track record of managing language localization projects .
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to work with international partners collaboratively across timezones.
- 5+ years of localization project management experience.
- Familiarity with computer-aided translation platform or tools such as SDL Studio, XTM Cloud, or WorldServer.
- Experience working with content management systems and a desire to learn new tools and workflows.
- Detail-oriented, quality-focused with the ability to manage multiple tasks effectively
- Excellent organizational, time management, and communication skills.
- Cross-functional collaboration experience working with stakeholders from product, marketing, or technology teams is a plus.
- Ability to report on key achievements and takeaways in an analytical, concise and visual manner.
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.