Director of IT & Security Operations
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Director of IT & Security Operations will provide strategic direction and operational leadership for all corporate technology and security services. They will bring their expertise in Information Technology management, and apply best practices to the IT Operations group, to ensure the team is providing a top class level of support. In addition, they will provide strategic leadership and direction in the development of information security policies and solutions that minimize information security risk. This involves establishing, implementing, and maintaining Information Security, Risk Management, and programs that ensure information assets and technologies are adequately protected
What will you do:
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic and comprehensive cyber and information security and IT risk management program that ensures the integrity, confidentiality, and availability of the Toast network
- Establish and implement a process for cyber and incident management to proactively identify threats, respond, contain and communicate a suspected or confirmed incident.
- Oversee design, implementation, and maintenance of networks, firewalls, threat detection, security systems and on-premise IT services across all company offices
- Develops information security awareness training and education programs and works in conjunction with the Company's training department to ensure all employees receive the appropriate annual training
- Define and execute strategy for employee computing needs - hardware selection, MDM, security configuration, SSO, VPN, employee training, etc.
- Establish, manage and operate an IT Service Desk that provide services to include incident management and issue escalation, service requests, change management and project management utilizing an IT ticket management and tracking system.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget
- Establish and maintain a relationship with IT vendors to provide maintenance and support of the IT Systems
- Partner with all key business functions to determine business requirements to inform IT service needs
- Drive best practices within our IT team (help desk, system deployments, security, etc.)
- Continually improve and optimize company efficiency through process improvement and automation
Do you have the right ingredients?
- BS degree in business management or a related field
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- 7+ years’ experience in information technology and security management, including managing internal, outsourced and on-demand providers
- Hands-on technical expertise - scripting and/or programming languages, hardware configuration, etc.
- Strong knowledge of systems administration, including security, monitoring, etc.
- Expert-level knowledge of infrastructure and networking technologies
- Certifications in one or more areas: ITIL, CISSP, CISM, CISA, ECSA, CompTIA Security+