Director of IT Operations
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Director of IT Operations will provide strategic direction and operational leadership for all corporate technology services. They will bring their expertise in Information Technology management, and apply best practices to the IT Operations group, to ensure the team is providing a top class level of support. Stays abreast of emerging technology trends, understands how they meet organizational needs, and recommends new technologies that can add value to new initiatives.
What will you do:
- Oversee design, implementation, and maintenance of networks, firewalls, threat detection, security systems and on-premise IT services across all company offices
- Define and execute strategy for employee computing needs, hardware selection, MDM, security configuration, SSO, VPN, employee training, etc.
- Promote a culture of can-do attitudes, responsiveness, and service quality
- Effectively cultivate and maintain relationships with IT staff and business stakeholders alike
- Establish, manage and operate an IT Service Desk that provide services to include incident management and issue escalation, service requests, change management and project management utilizing an IT ticket management and tracking system.
- Develop and manage the departmental budget
- Establish and maintain a relationship with IT vendors to provide maintenance and support of the IT Systems
- Partner with all key business functions to determine business requirements to inform IT service needs
- Drive best practices within our IT team (help desk, system deployments, security, etc.)
- Continually improve and optimize company efficiency through process improvement and automation
Do you have the right ingredients?
- BS degree in business management or a related field
- Ability to thrive in a high-growth, fast-paced, and dynamic environment
- 7+ years’ experience in information technology and security management, including managing internal, outsourced and on-demand providers
- Strong knowledge of systems administration, including security, monitoring, etc.
- Expert-level knowledge of infrastructure and networking technologies
- PMP or equivalent a plus
- Proven experience in IT strategic planning and development, project management, and policy development
- Certifications in one or more areas: ITIL, CISSP, CISM, CISA, ECSA, CompTIA Security+