Director, Internal Controls
We’re reimagining sports and technology.
DraftKings is bringing sports fans closer to the games they love and becoming an essential part of their experience in the process. An industry pioneer since our founding in 2012, we believe we can continue to define what it means to be a technology company in sports entertainment. We love what we do and we think you will too.
The strategy behind the game.
As Director of Internal Controls, you’ll work closely with stakeholders companywide, but will partner particularly closely with IT, Engineering, Legal, Compliance, and Business Planning. The Director of Internal Controls will be responsible for all aspects of the DraftKings control environment, including the identification and mitigation of risk throughout the organization.
Through developing and nurturing relationships companywide, you’ll execute control objectives while minimizing strain on the business.
What you’ll do as a Director, Internal Controls:
- Design and implement policies, procedures & processes with the goal of being SOX/PCAOB ready within 1 year.
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of company-wide accounting, financial reporting and operational internal control weaknesses.
- Review ITGCs and application controls within key financial business processes providing recommendations for improvement.
- Own internal control portion of external audits, including covenant compliance and 3rd party control projects.
- Evaluate financial statement risk.
What skills you will use:
- 10 years of professional experience, and 5 years in public accounting, preferable Big Four.
- 3 years of experience working in gaming, e-commerce, or similar data rich tech environment; and 3 years working in public company environment.
- Experience taking a pre-IPO company public, and experience developing ITGC’s in a data rich environment.
- One or more of the following certifications: CPA, CISA, or CISSP.
- In-depth knowledge of SOX, COSO, COBIT frameworks.
Who are we a good fit for?
We love working with talented people but more than that, we seek out compassionate co-workers with a collaborative spirit. Our work moves quickly and we’re great at coming together to find creative solutions to some of tech’s most interesting problems. If that sounds good to you, join us.
We’re proud to believe that your gender, race, nationality, religion, sexual orientation, status as a protected veteran, or status as an individual with a disability should have nothing to do with our hiring practices. We’ll never discriminate against anyone’s background or creed. If you’re good at what you do, we want you to do it at DraftKings.