Director, Integration (Corp Dev & M&A) at Chewy
Corporate Development and Mergers & Acquisitions (CDMA) at Chewy is a group responsible for helping to shape Chewy’s strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with relevant external partners, as well as leveraging the value of the company’s business platform to source, negotiate, structure, and execute strategic acquisitions and investments across all of Chewy’s geographies and businesses.
As the Pet industry and landscape evolves, the CDMA organization is tasked with staying one step ahead, scanning the landscape to build a continuous stream of intelligence, and appropriately connecting company strategic priorities to industry level opportunities. This team influences strategic build vs. buy decisions to help Chewy accelerate entrepreneurial growth, product initiatives and innovation. The team partners with pertinent internal stakeholders and verticals such as category business leaders, tech, product, legal, finance, accounting, and the Chewy Board to source, evaluate, analyze, execute and integrate all of Chewy’s M&A and strategic investments.
Chewy is seeking an Integration Director of CDMA in Boston, MA who will report into the VP & Head of CDMA. The successful candidate will act as an effective project manager, drive collaboration across cross-functional stakeholders, and demonstrate strong judgement in situations that require problem solving.
What You’ll Do:
- Support Chewy’s long-term growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential mergers, acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, and divestitures by the company
- Involvement across all aspects of an M&A transaction including due diligence, integration planning, and executing against post-transaction integration activities
- Develop and deliver against tailored integration goals specific to each acquisition
- Work with senior executives, business sponsors and other internal stakeholders to align resources, implement actionable plans that achieve transaction objectives, track and communicate performance against plans
- Establish a scalable integration playbook for M&A that allows for repeatable processes and integration activities
- Translate CDMA department vision into specific goals, priorities, and responsibilities for individual teams or team members to consistently improve effectiveness and help us achieve our overall business goals
What You’ll Need:
- 12+ years of integration experience in Corporate Development or M&A at a large global corporation, management consulting or advisory firm
- Ability to manage multiple workstreams and complex cross-enterprise projects with various stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Establish credibility / trust with senior executives, business leaders, technical and non-technical team members
- Ability to anticipate and resolve roadblocks and obstacles that arise throughout a transaction
- Strong communication, organizational and writing skills
- MBA or relevant graduate degree from top-tier institution or similar academic / professional experience
- Experience working in a demanding and fast-paced environment with highly motivated and driven professionals
- Strong leadership skills with a proactive, action-oriented and team player approach
- Travel may be required
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact [email protected]