Director of Global Information Technology
- Provide leadership and guidance to the global IT infrastructure and support groups.
- Draft and execute short- and long-term strategic plans to ensure that infrastructure capacity meets current and future needs.
- Develop, implement and supervise processes, policies and related training plans for project management and infrastructure administration.
- Establish and administer priorities for design, development, upkeep and analysis of infrastructure systems, including servers, LANs, WANs, internet, security and wireless implementations.
- Conduct research and propose modifications in services, products, protocols and standards to support development efforts and infrastructure procurement.
- Draft and manage IT Disaster Recovery Strategy for corporate information technology.
- Ensure that appropriate security levels on network, infrastructure and servers are met and sustained.
- Supervise operational costs, and provide financial estimates for expansions in functionality and user base.
- Lead IT asset management, including the maintenance of component inventory and related documentation.
- Negotiate with outsourcers, vendors and contractors for products and services specific to infrastructure.
- Perform feasibility studies for upgrades, conversions and improvements.
- Education – Must have a bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer engineering or a related field.
- Must have 10+ years of network and system administration experience.
- Attention to Detail – Must be focused on the details, big and small, to help ensure the security and functionality of the entire IT infrastructure.
- Extensive Technical Knowledge – Must have extensive knowledge of Active Directory, cloud computing, storage area networks, WAN acceleration, virtualization, firewalls, and routers.
- Management Skills – Must possess excellent people and administrative skills in order to effectively manage direct reports and business relationships.
- Certification – Must have at least one vendor certification from among the following: Microsoft, VMWare, PMI, Cisco, or CompTIA.
- Communication Skills – Must possess excellent communication skills in order to collaborate effectively with both higher- and lower-level colleagues.
Preferred Experience (Nice to have)
- Experience managing a multi-national IT infrastructure.
- AWS Cloud Practitioner certification.
- PMI project management certification.
- Experience working in a software development company.