Director, Global Contract Manufacturing & Category Sourcing Management- Nutrition, Cosmetics and Pet Care
| Greater Boston Area
Thrasio is the consumer goods company reimagining omnichannel commerce and consumer products, and boasts an innovation engine that brings high-quality products to market across digital marketplaces, channels, and retailers globally.
With the experience of evaluating more than 6,000 Amazon companies, acquiring over 130 top-rated brands, and managing the scale of 22,000 products, Thrasio is the largest acquirer of Amazon FBA brands. Since our founding in 2018, the team has grown to more than 1,000 people globally--most of that growth has occurred during the COVID-19 pandemic. Hiring people who share a passion for their craft in the eCommerce space is the reason we’re projected to grow more than 10x in the next few years. This growth is supported by investors whose portfolios include Facebook, Google, Jet.com, StitchFix, and Lululemon. We do our best work when we’re surrounded by people who are insatiably curious, agile, and who thrive in collaborative, check-your-ego-at-the door working environments. Sound like you? We’d love to chat.
The Director, Contract Manufacturing & Category Sourcing Management- Nutrition, Cosmetics and Pet Care is responsible for driving end-to-end category leadership for a variety of sub-commodities including but not limited to supplements, variety of cosmetics, pet food and per care. This includes defining and articulating a cohesive category strategy, developing, and managing a global category and sourcing management team, building, and growing strategic partnerships with global contract manufacturers, and delivering strategic financial and operational value across the organization. This position is a key contributor to several critical business processes and requires cross-functional collaboration across teams and geographies. Responsible for direct spend of at least $40M annually in a high visibility focus area(expected to grow many folds following the organization’s aggressive growth plan)
Main responsibilities include:
- Provide senior technical leadership to develop & lead the strategy and planning for Nutrition, Cosmetics and Pet Care by leveraging category mapping across Thrasio products portfolio, category global market analysis, cost benchmarking, efficient global contract manufacturing set-up and management and a robust strategic sourcing process
- Select, build, and manage strategic partnerships with global contract manufacturers to achieve an optimal balance on value, quality, speed to market, responsible sourcing and overall category risk profile. Also ensure that a manufacturing strategy footprint optimization is always updated.
- Set-up and execute a comprehensive plan to manage and grow a global team of sourcing and category managers to efficiently execute the portfolio strategy and meet key results
- Spearhead the establishment of quantitative category management frameworks including market intelligence, e-sourcing tools, contract management, benchmarking metrics, suppliers’ performance management frameworks and effective reporting
- Build and disseminate category plans across the supply chain department and the organization overall by cross-functional collaboration with Mergers & Acquisitions, Supply Chain Due Diligence/Operations/Integrations, New Product Development, Brand Management, Quality Assurance and Legal teams.
What you bring to the party:
- Bachelor’s degree in manufacturing or industrial engineering is required. An MBA will be a plus.
- 10 years’ experience in contract manufacturing of a wide range of Electronic consumer products i.e. global manufacturing, retail or e-ecommerce organizations across several geographies including Asia-Pacific (Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Vietnam, Thailand, China, Japan, etc.); Eastern and Central Europe, Turkey and Mexico
- 7 years in a global leadership role managing global category and strategic sourcing teams for consumer products
- Demonstrated track record of developing and executing appropriate category and sourcing strategies in a fast-paced environments/high growth companies
- Have a working knowledge of Intellectual Property matters
- Strong analytical and communication skills required.
- A global citizen with outstanding people leadership across organizational levels, functions, cultures, and geographies
- Fluency in both English and Mandarin/Cantonese is desired
- Flexibility to travel 30% international
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.