Director of eCommerce
SimpliSafe’s marketing was built on experimentation and optimization. As a result, today we’re the fastest growing home security company in the country. We’re transforming how people buy, install and experience home security with our user-friendly wireless security system that we sell direct to consumers online. We protect over one million Americans. And we got there by testing: testing everything and testing constantly.
In short: you will not find an organization more committed to giving you the freedom, resources and authority you need to experiment, learn, and deliver stunning results.
As the Director of eCommerce, you will own primary accountability for SimpliSafe’s eCommerce conversion rate and site experience. Your empire spans the first landing page a visitor touches to the final pixels of the “submit order” button. You will lead strategy, analysis and customer research, develop and prioritize test ideas, and synthesize insights. You will bring your mobile-first vision and drive significant wins on mobile—mobile optimization will be a critical success metric.
As product owner for the SimpliSafe website, you will also be responsible for site management. You’ll prioritize page creation for Marketing and other departments. You’ll be the steward of our brand and customer experience. You’ll hawkishly monitor site performance and oversee QA.
To succeed, you will most likely possess in spades equal parts analytical rigor and salesmanship. You get your kicks mining quantitative data for behavioral patterns and voice of customer feedback for psychological insights—and transforming both into testable hypotheses. Detail-oriented, data-driven and results-focused, you have a proven track record of generating statistically significant conversion rate lifts, particularly on mobile.
- Four-year bachelor’s degree
- Proven experience in ecommerce conversion rate optimization
- A strong track record of mobile optimization
- Ability and enthusiasm to manage and mentor a small team of optimization specialists
- Google Analytics and Optimizely experience are desirable
- Ability to present findings and recommendations appropriate for senior level management
- Strong ability to work with multiple functional groups including copywriters, designers, analysts and developers