Director, Dispatch Management at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Director, Dispatch Management is responsible for resource management, scheduling, and logistics management within the Services Operation. The position will have overall accountability for managing and optimizing all field and internal resources (owned and contracted) Ensuring Resource optimization and utilization, cost containment and efficiency across all services and Tiers provided by Toast pre and post live.
About this roll*:
- The Director of Dispatch Management plays a key role in analyzing and recommending solutions to optimize our National field coverage.
- Key leader in the development, effective management ,and operational optimization of our dispatch management team, tools and process.
- Utilizing Salesforce - Field Service Lightning (FSL) and the building blocks of optimization in partnership with our Business Intelligence team
- Takes the lead in driving strong integration and efficiencies with current providers and working with internal teams to develop new operating strategies.
- Develops and leads projects and strategies that are tied to the Scheduling optimization of all Toast Field Resources and Contractor Partners
- Owns the process evaluation and implementation impacting how we execute in providing a high quality and efficient onboarding experience for our customers while effectively managing costs.
- Responsible for developing strong relationships with key stakeholders including contractors, clients and internal customers
- Responsible for strategic planning and hiring of their team and will utilize their expertise to ensure the right talent profiles are built into the team to support the needs of the business.
- Develop, coach and support Dispatch Team Members
- Work closely with Services Leadership in the continued evolution and maintenance of the existing process, infrastructure, and systems.
- Work to maintain a high level of employee happiness while reaching increasingly high company targets
- Collaborate on process improvement initiatives to improve the overall impact of the Dispatch Management team and enable the business to meet key strategic priorities
- Utilize data to manage and improve quality, speed, utilization, productivity and customer satisfaction
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 5- 7 years dispatch management experience with a history of meeting/exceeding individual and team targets month over month, and quarter over quarter.
- Experience in the design and management of scheduling, logistics, dispatch and workforce management
- Experience in process creation and process Improvement
- Project Management and Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Experience using data to support decision making and to meet and exceed objectives
- Ability to execute on high level strategy and provide metric and value focused updates to measure impact.
- Thrive in a fast paced environment - embrace change
- Ability to problem solve and troubleshoot in a timely manner
- Experience with Salesforce /Field Service Lightning (FSL) or other CRM tools to drive effective use and problem solving for Dispatch management team
- Knowledge, understanding and empathy for the unique and diverse requirements of the restaurant industry is a plus.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and ever changing environment
*Bread puns encouraged but not required