Ellevation is seeking a Director of Customer Support to oversee and drive the vision of our Product Support and Data Integration teams! Reporting to the VP of Partner Success, you will create and scale processes to bring Ellevation through our next phase of growth. Ellevation’s Product Support team is responsible for all inbound support tickets from users, while the Data Integration team is responsible for setting up and maintaining data ingestion workflows with our partners to support Ellevation’s data-driven software, which is specifically designed for ELL educators and the English Learners they serve.
As our organization continues to evolve, we are looking to create a support organization inclusive of our Product Support and Data Integration teams. In this role, you will use your previous knowledge, experience, and passion for developing a best-in-class customer service organization to create a team structure and process that ensures we can continue to scale as a business and support our customers. You will be responsible for providing the overarching vision and thought partnership for teams to ensure that they are set up for success, have access to the structures necessary to develop the skills and competencies they need to support our districts in getting their data into Ellevation and on how to use and rollout Ellevation in their district to ensure educators can be most effective in their work with students.
- Set vision and execute on a vision for the Customer Support organization, supporting managers, and ensuring team members are trained, supported, and set up for success
- As manager of the Manager, Product Support and Manager, Data Integration, you'll support and develop your direct reports as well as provide guidance on how to coach Product Support Specialists and Data Integration Specialists
- Proactively identify enhancements and drive improvements in processes and tools to support onboarding and success by creating a data-driven culture of testing, learning, and iterating
- Prepare for and lead through our unique “Back-to-School Season” (August-October), where ticket volumes more than double, in a way that is impactful for partners, the ProS team and the business
- Maintain a deep knowledge of the Ellevation product, partner regions, and ELL policy, to support and guide the team to meet the needs of our diverse partner base
- Collaborate with other team leaders within Ellevation’s Partner Success Organization (PSO) and across the company (finance, revenue, and product) to ensure that you make data-driven decisions, align on goals, and ensure that partner districts have a cohesive experience
- Growth Mindset: You have at least 10 years previous experience in data or technical support and at least 3 years managing a support team at a SaaS or tech company and are excited to lead our efforts to scale our support model at Ellevation.
- Customer Centric: You enjoy customer contact and can deliver exceptional customer service. You’re familiar with best practices in customer service in a SaaS environment including: how-to, login, bugs, ongoing data, configuration, and more. Prior experience with ticketing systems like ZenDesk and the Atlassian suite of products (Jira, Confluence) a plus.
- Tech Savvy: You have experience leading a technical team and proficiency in SQL or Python (a plus).
- Self-Starter: You thrive in a fast-paced environment where you can use innovation, sense of urgency, and data to inform decisions for the Partner Support team, Partner Success Organization, and others across the company.
- Problem Solver: You develop partnerships with internal department heads to enable your team to have the tools and training necessary to provide optimal service, complying with client SLA’s.
- Strong Leader: You prioritize building diverse teams. You identify with our values of Continuous Learning, Impact, Inclusion, Long-Term Vision, Partnership, and People.
About PSO at Ellevation:
Product Support is a key part of the strong services reputation Ellevation has in the industry. This team works directly with all Ellevation users to ensure they feel supported in the issues they write in about and build their confidence in their ability to use Ellevation in their school districts. In every interaction, they strive to build users' confidence in our platform and implement long-term solutions that set partners up for success. Averaging over 95% partner satisfaction, our team is strong, fast-paced, and eager to grow with Ellevation as we continue to partner with additional school districts across the country. The team is truly a solution center as they resolve all issues with the exception of bugs, which are escalated ton engineering, and complex data imports and issues, which are escalated to our data integration team.
Student data is the bedrock of Ellevation and the Data Integration Team is responsible for ensuring data from school districts is loaded and maintained with a high level of fidelity into the Ellevation platform. This team leverages Python and SQL, along with other tools to setup these data transfers. Similar to the Product Support team, the DI team provides stellar support as they work closely with our partners to support them through the onboarding process as well as through complex data troubleshooting. This team works closely with our Data Ingestion engineering team to continually enhance and improve our data ingestion pipelines and tools.
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stone’s throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. We’re an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.