• Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Track record of achieving and exceeding business objectives
• Highly tuned analytical skills
• Proven leadership skills over a team of 5 or more people
• Data driven approach to decision making
• Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of post college work experience
• Background in ecommerce or the travel industry is not mandatory but is a plus
About the job
The Director of Customer Service Experience is the single-threaded owner (STO) of Hopper’s Customer Service Experience vertical. The STO is similar to a General Manager who sets the business direction for the team, writes business cases for new opportunities, owns a product development roadmap, recruits and retains talent. The CS Experience team owns KPIs such as self-service automation rate, average handling time, and first contact resolution rate. The team works closely with Hopper’s global customer service delivery organization who manages our customer support centers. The CS Experience STO oversees a team of about 10 people whose skills span the functional areas of product, data science, design, business, operations and engineering.
- Set business strategy. With laser focus on the KPIs, plan and execute initiatives that improve the customer service journey for Hopper users.
- Lead product innovation. Formulate and deliver a cohesive and effective product-development roadmap. Work with product designers, product managers, and a dedicated engineering squad to test and launch new features at a steady cadence.
- Dive deep. Unlike leadership positions elsewhere, at Hopper our leaders must dive deep into problem areas and contribute directly to outcomes. In this role you will go deep with product and operations stakeholders including our customer service agents.
- Manage a sub P&L. A vertical, and therefore its leader, is only as successful as its contribution to the business objectives. You will coordinate with Finance to establish and track revenue and expense plans for your business unit.
- Recruit and retain. Hopper is very rigorous in our hiring process, and you must hire and keep the most talented people in our industry. Strong leadership and management skills are a must for this position.
- Build a culture of performance management. Hold team members to high standards through the implementation of performance management, but also ensure that each person has what they need to succeed.
- Maintain alignment behind the objective. Keep the team motivated and ensure that everyone has the full context required to achieve the business objectives of the vertical.
- Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
- Unlimited PTO
- WeWork All Access Pass OR Work-from-home stipend
- Entrepreneurial culture where pushing limits and taking risks is everyday business
- Open communication with management and company leadership
- Small, dynamic teams = massive impact
- 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
- Access to a 401k
More about Hopper
Today, Hopper is best known as a travel app. We're going to do about $1B in sales this year and weathered the COVID storm better than anyone expected. We just raised $170M from Goldman Sachs and Capital One, and inked a deal to be the exclusive travel provider for Capital One Travel.
We owe our success, in large part, to a proprietary suite of data-driven and risk-based financial services that we have developed that complement a customer's trip-purchasing experience. One example is Price Freeze, where our customers are able to purchase a financial option in the app to lock in any price that they see, on any item, for as short as 1 hour or as long as 21 days with Hopper taking the risk on the other side of the trade.
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants.
Read Full Job Description