Director, Corporate Strategy at Vestmark, Inc.
This position will develop and drive Vestmark’s strategic planning across its core and emerging business units. This is a highly visible role, with responsibilities that contribute directly to scaling the company to the next phase of growth.
We are looking for a candidate with proven experience in strategic problem-solving, and business planning to maintain an in-depth understanding of our customers, competitive conditions, industry trends, market opportunities, and related technologies. The role will require excellent writing and communication skills as this person will collaborate extensively with both internal and external stakeholders, including executives within Software Development, Operations, Sales, Marketing and the Board.
This role will focus on creating business plans that support Vestmark’s growth and operations. Every team operates against a business plan developed and managed by Corporate Strategy. Candidates must have a demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and influence cross-functionally and drive strategic initiatives from concept to plan to execution.
• Create internal business plans (leveraging the “Amazon memo” framework) to support the prioritization and execution of the company’s operating and strategic imperatives
• Develop and drive scalable processes and best practices for measurement and tracking of business case execution
• Drive a highly collaborative process involving cross-functional teams to make well-vetted recommendations across complex problem sets
• Partner with the Corporate Strategy team, senior leaders, and other internal partners to continuously drive and refine the major strategic themes that guide the company’s strategy
• Build Vestmark’s network and reach within the wealth tech ecosystem, identifying strategic partnerships, investments, acquisitions, and business opportunities
• Be a thought-leader within the organization and maintain a deep understanding of the market landscape through research, outreach and analytics
• MBA and significant consulting experience
• An understanding of technology and software development is required
• The ability to research, analyze, and construct and replicate business models is required
• Financial services domain expertise is a strong plus
• 3+ years of professional corporate development / strategy / investment banking experience
• Exceptional writing skills and extensive experience developing business plans with the Amazon memo framework
• Strong executive presence, polished, and politically savvy in a matrixed organization
• Able to convey complex concepts in a compelling, concise, and creative way
• Demonstrated ability to build and lead change
• Demonstrated track record of simplifying processes
• Brings unique experiences and skills on strategy development to drive formal quantitative and qualitative analytical decision support on high-priority, strategic issues.
• Exhibits curiosity, rigor and passion toward structuring the approach and driving solutions for complex business and market opportunities.
• Thrive in fast-paced environments and be comfortable working on multiple initiatives concurrently.
• Teamwork – We before me-- Puts needs of the team first and aspires to bring out the best in others; collaborative, empathetic, and humble; values the opinions of others; assists others when needed; participate effectively as a member of a team; balances personal contributions and needs with those of other members of the team to achieve common objectives.
• Knowledge Explorer – Creative problem solver and adapts to challenges at hand using creative collaboration; curious, proactive, and resourceful; able to incorporate other viewpoints as part of the process of developing solutions
• Positive Energy – Ability to address difficult situations with humor and sense of opportunity; approachable, constructive and engaged
• Own It – Ability to be accountable for results and follow through to completion.
• This role will not have direct reports immediately but will be expected to lead and manage others as the team expands.
Vestmark is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Vestmark prohibits employment discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability status, protected military or veteran status, and genetic information.