Director, Corporate Development & Strategy at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of background and lived experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Finance & Strategy team is responsible for providing data-driven insights to inform strategic, financial, and operational decision-making across the company. We’re seeking a Director of Corporate Development & Strategy that will help shape our organic and inorganic growth strategy through market research and analysis, and execute on that strategy by partnering cross-functionally to source, evaluate and structure acquisitions and partnerships. This is a high-impact role that will offer substantial senior leadership exposure and the opportunity to drive long-term shareholder value in a hyper-growth environment at scale.
About this roll*:
- Collaborate across all levels of the organization to develop build / buy / partner analyses based on the company’s strategic objectives and build cross-functional strategic priority alignment
- Build and nurture the corporate development pipeline, including the identification and sourcing of new opportunities
- Lead market research and analysis to holistically assess the restaurant tech landscape, including TAM sizing, market share analysis and competitive benchmarking
- Lead the transaction execution process from end-to-end, including cross-functional business due diligence, third-party due diligence, deal structuring, financing and negotiation
- Build and lead a high-performing team
- Develop, implement and maintain corporate development processes and decision-making frameworks based upon industry best practices
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's degree required. MBA is a plus
- 8+ years of experience in a combination of investment banking, private equity, venture capital, management consulting or corporate development
- Strong market research and analysis skills; ability to evaluate market dynamics and leverage findings to inform company strategy
- Expert Excel skills; experience building merger models and analyzing large data sets
- Experience building strong teams through active development and recruiting incredible talent
- Excellent communication, presentation and project management skills; ability to lead investment committee meetings with executive team and translate complex analyses into structured recommendations
- Strong negotiation skills; ability to effectively build relationships with and negotiate deal terms with potential M&A targets, investment bankers and lenders
- Ability to think creatively and critically, and thrive in a dynamic and often ambiguous work environment
- Restaurant, SaaS or FinTech industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of SQL, Python or R is helpful
- Acquisition integration experience is advantageous
*Bread puns encouraged but not required