Director of Core Platform at ezCater
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
ezCater values technology as a differentiator and a key component of our success. It powers everything we do. We push ourselves every day to better the codebase, improve performance, and deliver an amazing customer experience. Check out this CBS Boston article for a glimpse into our culture.
We’re looking for a passionate leader that is ready to tackle complex, foundational engineering problems. As the Director of Core Platform, you will have the unique ability to collaborate with senior engineering leadership across the organization to craft and implement the vision for Platform Engineering that will set the stage for the company’s technical maturation. Not only will you have the autonomy to shape your department but you will be provided the support required to serve the changing needs of our dynamic business.In this mission-critical role, you will:
- Develop strong partnerships across engineering teams and product organization
- Deliver ongoing improvements to the current platform while also contributing to our next-generation worldwide platform
- Implement platform architecture to enable high output product development
- Work closely with senior product leadership and other partners to ensure the development team is delivering high-value outputs
- Shepard our monolith through an effective transition to serve multiple product needs
- Establish strong culture based on shipping code and business impact
- Thrive in a highly collaborative, no red-tape, rapid-growth environment
- Are a systems thinker capable of establishing a clear vision and strategy
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills and are an effective influencer
- Have managed and effectively grown managers in the past
- Built commercial web applications, ideally using a services oriented architecture with e-commerce or SaaS experience
- Have experience with a cloud-based contemporary web stack that you’re technically credible
- Familiarity with agile methodology and theory
- Have the ability to learn quickly and make data-informed decisions
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office smack-dab in Boston’s Downtown Crossing, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.