At Hopper, we’re on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apple’s App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
We’re building a world-class travel booking engine and are looking for a key leader to join the team as a Director for the Contact Center. This position will lead the development and implementation of the Customer Service contact center, build and lead the VMO responsible for operating the multi-site contact center. This leader and their team will have a direct impact on our customer base, and will influence every team in the business unit to coordinate and provide execution of key servicing initiatives to ensure excellent customer service by inbound telephone/chat/email.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Lead the implementation of a multi-site, multi-channel contact center from planning to full launch, coordinating all efforts between vendors, enterprise customers, product, engineering and operations to support the implementation of on-shore and off-shore sites
- Establish and manage contractual relationships with vendor partners to ensure adherence to operational requirements, change management, governance, invoicing and financial planning
- Lead the development of short and long term operational roadmaps with a focus on client experience, reducing operational costs and improving revenue
- Build and manage strong relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders across the organization at all levels to support contact center development and delivery
- Lead, motivate and coach on an ongoing basis. Identify gaps and remove obstacles to performance, develop action plans to align with business priorities. Hire the right people in the right jobs to align individual capabilities with job requirements and business unit goals.
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Demonstrable experience working in a multi-channel contact center operational leadership role, preferably in Travel, and/or SaaS
- Experience scaling contact centers to meet ambitious operational goals and targets; previous experience managing offshore teams is crucial
- Extensive knowledge of contact center operations in a holistic and comprehensive way (vendor contracting and management, FTE capacity planning, recruitment, training, routing and performance management)
- Experience establishing clear KPIs and processes for reporting on SLAs and leverage analytics to empower data-driven decisions
- Figure-it-out, get-it-done attitude
- Experience with AML & KYC regulations
- Familiarity with banking/finance/travel industry
- Startup experience
• Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
• Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
• 100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
• Access to a 401k (US) or Retirement Savings Plan (Canada)
Read Full Job Description