Director, Contact Center Infrastructure Operations
The Contact Center Technology Director is responsible for the organization and operations management of the enterprise-wide Contact Center technology platform. Core duties include management and leadership over the contact center and telephony infrastructure that supports Humana’s contact centers, continuous improvement of the infrastructure, coordination and technical oversight of Business Process Outsourcers’ Contact Center technologies, development of standard operational workflows for Call Center Agents, and defining, implementing and acting on standard performance metrics and dashboards of platform performance. A commitment to excellence is demonstrated through continuous development and improvement of the tools we provide to our Call Center Business Leaders and their respective Teams. This individual will have very strong contact center technology knowledge and experience, strong project management acumen and excellent vendor management skills, in addition to a superior, service-oriented approach to infrastructure operations. This individual is responsible for operational and service management processes to ensure that quality, efficiency and agility goals are achieved.
- Act as the principal Technology Leader for the enterprise Contact Center technology platform.
- Overseeing end-to-end integration of telephony and contact center (ACD) components to support the effective and efficient delivery of Call Center services across the country.
- Development and implement of Call Center standard operating procedures and policies with an emphasis on maintaining and ensuring operational continuity.
- Develop and maintain documentation and workflows for call routing and telephony routing
- Develop a thorough understanding of the business needs and priorities by developing strong relationships with Call Center Business Leaders.
- Develop and execute roadmaps that maintain currency of the platform (including lifecycle management) as well as enhancements to core systems and additional feature/functionality to improve performance and in support of business objectives.
- Proactively monitors systems performance, and communicates, reports, and resolves issues rapidly to meet SLAs and other KPIs.
- Solves challenges based on analysis of multiple factors. Independently identifies key issues, patterns or deviations from norm. Analyzes and interprets research to evaluate and recommend solutions.
- Research, recommend, and assist with the implementation of contact center functionality and technology to better aide our call Center business leaders.
- Maintain license and other capacity-related inventory on all components. Plans for and ensures capacity to handle seasonal (i.e., AEP) increased demand.
- Manage regular maintenance such as upgrades and patches (in coordination with IT Operations Team).
- Develop quality and best practice processes to include data stewardship, cleansing and audits, developing test strategies, and minimizing downtime due to planned and unplanned maintenance.
- Effectively managing vendors for all support and troubleshooting efforts related to core technology and applications, including contract management.
- Plans, prepares, and manages budget related to Contact Center technologies and related applications.
- Foster a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement techniques.
- Drive operational performance of Managed Service Providers executing operations for the contact center infrastructure. Ensures rapid resolution of incidents and problems. Ensures escalation within the service providers as necessary and appropriate to enable timely incident and problem resolution.
- Act as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs.
- Leverage influencing and negotiation skills across IT and the enterprise to enable cost-effective and innovative shared solutions in the achievement of business goals.
- Participate in the assessment of external and internal technology capabilities required to achieve desired competitive positioning.
- Work with HR and the IT leadership team to develop a talent strategy that aligns with the current and future business and IT strategy.
- Continually looks for leading-edge and innovative solutions to the recruitment, development and retention of the workforce.
- All other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's or master's degree in computer science, information systems, business administration or related field, or equivalent work experience.
- 10 or more years of experience in IT and business/industry
- Five or more years of leadership responsibilities in large, complex contact center technology environments
- Proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments
- Relevant technology certifications are strongly desired (e.g., ITIL, PMP, Avaya, Cisco)
- Exceptional leadership skills, with the ability to develop and communicate a vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy
- Ability to build a strong partnership with the business and demonstrate the business value of IT
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment in which resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills
- Strong business acumen, including industry, domain-specific knowledge of the enterprise and its business units
- Demonstrated ability to develop and execute a strategic plan that ensures the right people are in the right roles at the right time, and employees are highly engaged and satisfied
- Practical experience in motivating and driving team members to perform as a high performing and collaborative team
- Deliver effective service management through the definition and adoption of a governance practice that uses KPIs and metrics to track and measure the quality of service. Integrates them with key accountabilities to ensure consistency of approach and continual service improvement
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills to identify and leverage resources internal and external to the enterprise to enhance capabilities that support business objectives
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the contact center teams.
- Establishes and expands external provider/partner relationships
- Maintains and forms alliances with recognized experts and decision makers
- Maintains and extends networks within, across and external to organizational boundaries
- Solicits advice, support, championship, sponsorship and commitment to develop a smooth transition and the development of mutually acceptable solutions
- Identifies and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement
- Encourages prudent risk taking, exploration of alternative approaches and organizational learning
- Demonstrates personal commitment to change through actions and words
- Mobilizes others to support change through times of stress and uncertainty
- Reviews, sponsors and approves recommendations for IT change programs that affect cross-functional key processes
- Partners with other IT leaders to identify opportunities for significant technology/process enhancements
- Can express IT technology decisions in terms of business outcomes by communicating ideas or positions in a persuasive manner that builds support, agreement or commitment
- Takes actions that directly or indirectly influence others to create buy-in, gain trust, and motivate actions in others or win concessions without damaging relationships
- Uses information or concepts to implement and influence strategy for multiple audiences, in high-risk situations or in situations involving differing perspectives to reach a common goal or have a positive impact on the organization
- Reliably meets performance targets, and sets and achieves challenging goals
- Defines standards in terms of doing what is appropriate and doing it well
- Continually measures the organization's performance against the best-in-class peer group, and sets a vision and plan to exceed those benchmarks
- Establishes financial discipline in creating and achieving budget plans
- Mentors and guides staff to develop and mature their competencies
- Sponsors formal governance mechanisms to measure and proactively manage quality of service (QoS)
- Handles changes and uncertainties with ease and can move forward quickly
- Identifies and acts on opportunities for continuous improvement
- Demonstrates a willingness to make high-risk decisions when necessary
- Can act with minimal planning to take actions in which the benefits to efficiency and effectiveness are weighed against potential risks
- Can make decisions with incomplete, conflicting information and uncertain long-term consequences
- Develops, directs, coaches, mentors and reinforces team members in line with the mission, vision, values, goals and performance standards of formal and informal teams
- Allocates functional roles, levels of accountabilities and strategic assignments
- Fosters an environment of collaboration and a strong customer service culture
- Inspires, motivates and guides team members by fostering commitment, team spirit and trust
- Sets, monitors, provides and reinforces overall team performance feedback, including performance improvement and decisions/approvals with respect to rewards, redeployment and termination