Director of Business Systems
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready* to make a change?
The Director of Business Systems is a senior role at Toast and will be responsible for developing and building efficient teams to execute on the ongoing Business Systems Roadmap. They will need to work very closely with the leadership of their respective stakeholders, and build empathy and understanding of the business challenges, and ensure the Business Systems Team is setup to provide a high quality output to satisfy the needs of the business.
About this Roll*:
- Understand how Toast operates, and use this knowledge to provide an enterprise viewpoint to Business Systems solutions
- Drive the leadership, management, and direction of enterprise-wide Business Systems including systems design, development, implementation, integration, and on-going support of complex end-user applications
- Implements and oversees change management, testing and quality assurance policies, procedures and processes to ensure application changes are communicated, tested, and deliver expected functionality, prior to implementation into the production environment.
- Manages relationships with vendors, technology partners and contract providers to ensure service delivery excellence.
- Builds and manages relationships with senior leaders throughout the organization; creates cross-functional teams optimized for successful business execution
- Builds and executes system roadmaps to support corporate strategy and goals endorsed by stakeholders
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion
- Creates and manages the Business Systems budget and provides input in the administration of related budgets
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 10+ years of IT experience, with a focus on Business Processes and Enterprise Application Management and leading technical teams
- Proven team leadership/coaching/mentoring
- Experience with Agile methodologies
- Strong experience owning and designing a large scale salesforce.com instance
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record working in a fast-paced and agile team, focused on strong execution
- Experience with Salesforce CRM and NetSuite ERP is a big plus