Director of Business Systems
We are a rapidly growing company that's revolutionizing the way the restaurant industry does business by pairing technology with an unrivaled commitment to customer success. We help restaurants streamline operations, increase revenue, and deliver amazing guest experiences through our platform that combines restaurant point of sale, guest-facing technology, and award-winning customer support. As a Toaster, you will be challenged to take on meaningful projects that will help shape the future of the company. Join us as we empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Director of Business Systems is a senior role at Toast and will be responsible for establishing the company’s Business Systems Architecture, and working to define strategic priorities across Enterprise Applications, Process Optimization and Employee Enablement. The Director understands the processes performed by functional business areas and is proficient at leading these functional business areas with business process reengineering and large-scale deployments of solutions such as ERP/CRM/HCM/ITSM.
What you will do:
- Lead the company in the design and architecture of a large scale salesforce.com deployment, to ensure the business is operating at maximum efficiency when using the product
- Drive the leadership, management, and direction of enterprise-wide Business Systems including systems design, development, implementation, integration, and on-going support of complex end-user applications
- Contributes to the development of, and implements, best practices, policies, processes and procedures for information security compliance, data loss prevention, business continuity and disaster recovery plans for enterprise applications.
- Implements and oversees change management, testing and quality assurance policies, procedures and processes to ensure application changes are communicated, tested, and deliver expected functionality, prior to implementation into the production environment.
- Manages relationships with vendors, technology partners and contract providers to ensure service delivery excellence.
- Builds and manages relationships with senior leaders throughout the organization; creates cross-functional teams optimized for successful business execution
- Builds and executes system roadmaps to support corporate strategy and goals endorsed by stakeholders
- Recognizes and identifies potential areas where existing policies and procedures require change, or where new ones need to be developed, especially regarding future business expansion
- Creates and manages the Business Systems budget and provides input in the administration of related budgets
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 10+ years of IT experience, with a focus on Business Processes and Enterprise Application Management
- Proven team leadership/coaching/mentoring
- Strong experience owning and designing a large scale salesforce.com instance
- Action-oriented, "can do" attitude demonstrating willingness to accept accountability and responsibility for individual actions.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Proven track record working in a fast-paced and agile team, focused on strong execution
- Experience with NetSuite ERP, Workday HCM and ServiceNow ITSM is a big plus