Director of Business Operations at Toast
As the Director of Business Operations, you will oversee a large team that is critical to powering our fast growing business. The Business Operations team drives processes across the entire customer lifecycle - finalizing customer contracts, onboarding customers, maintaining customer data, invoicing and collecting payments, and supporting customer escalations. The team collaborates with a large cross-functional group within Toast (e.g. sales, services, & account management) and interacts directly with customers to resolve key operational challenges. This team is essential to scaling our business efficiently and effectively.
You will be the driving force to set the team up for success to support our hyper growth. You will drive operational efficiencies that improve our performance and make a meaningful positive impact for both our internal stakeholders and end-customers. Doing so will require strategic thinking to identify our biggest opportunities driving large-scale systems and technology changes, building & improving processes, and developing and managing a high-performing team. We are looking for someone who will achieve these goals by making data driven decisions, working seamlessly with senior cross-functional executives, growing and developing our leadership bench, and being passionate about serving our customers.
About the role
- Drive operational strategy: Identify key areas for focus based on impact to the business
- Maintain accountability: Drive high performance from the team by holding them accountable for outcomes and maintaining SLAs
- Have a nose for value: Identify areas where we can improve efficiency and/or customer experience, and use data driven approach to prioritize initiatives for operational improvements
- Be a problem solver: Use analytical rigor to break down problems into discrete pieces and develop plans to address those pieces using either systems, processes or people; oversee the change management to ensure improvements are executed effectively
- Be the glue: Work closely with cross-functional executives to understand their challenges and help drive solutions, and drive cross-departmental initiatives that make meaningful positive impact for our customers and internal stakeholders
- Help scale: Leverage technology, improve processes and create efficiencies in a hyper growth environment
- Drive results:: Drive high NPS across internal stakeholder teams and end-customers
- Build a great team: Develop, grow, and mentor the team, helping them thrive and succeed
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 8-13 years of experience in leading teams on large-scale strategic and / or operational initiatives
- Ability to build, lead and grow teams
- Structured thinker that is able to break down ambiguous problems into component pieces
- Ability to solve complex problems using analytical and data-driven approach
- Experience executing process changes and implementing large-scale systems rollouts
- Experienced in pushing projects over the finish line with sound planning and persistent execution, and extensive experience leading large cross-functional initiatives