This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated, experienced leader to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts, we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
Account Servicing plays a critical role helping our small business customers resolve payment issues, and strengthening our position as a trusted partner to them. As Head of Account Servicing, you will lead a high-performing team of 13+ Specialists, driving and continually improving the team’s performance. Your goal will be to enhance the team’s effectiveness in resolving payment issues for our customers, while continually raising the level of service we provide our customers.
In this role you will:
- Bring a relentless / never quit attitude focused on working with customers to achieve the best possible outcome and leave them wanting to work with us again
- Enhance our existing processes and implement creative new ways for the team to drive merchant engagement, increase our ability to resolve payment issues, and scale as the company continues to grow
- Leverage data to refine core KPIs, compensation programs and processes so the team continually improves the service it provides to merchants and how it influences resolution outcomes
- Attract, grow and develop a team of high-performing specialists
- Uphold the highest level of integrity and professionalism in our interactions with customers, continually strengthening our brand, reputation and relationships with them
- Collaborate with legal, underwriting and renewals across the full lifecycle of a deal to ensure we are engaging with merchants in the most effective and efficient manner based on their situation
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude.” Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A doer who gets things done
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. Willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation.” Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player
- Emotional Intelligence: High degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgment while under pressure
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying
- Analytical: Comfortable navigating in a data-driven business environment to deliver business insights. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Analyze and challenge details, data and facts prior to making decisions and maintains important decision-making data accurately for repeated examination as required. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights
- Ability to develop A players: Managers that coach people in their current roles to improve performance and prepares them for future roles
- 10+ years of progressively increasing responsibility in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- 3-5 years of building and managing a successful high-performing team
- Experience leading, developing and mentoring others effectively
- Strong analytical skills to identify trends, problems and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Prior experience in customer service, sales or resolution role preferred
- MBA preferred
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-sized businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest-growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.