Desktop Support Specialist at Flywire
Have you imagined working in an environment driven by a passion and desire to not only outperform, but also outbehave the market? Since 2009, Flywire has been that company, creating solutions that break barriers, and teams that always look at the next disruptive way to move Flywire and its customers into the next phase of global payment solutions.Job Description
We, at Flywire, our looking for a self-motivated IT professional to oversee IT support needs at our Boston headquarters. You, along with other members of the Valencia, Spain based team, will be responsible for providing and maintaining reliable employee connectivity of office IT systems and desktop solutions across our global workforce. This individual must be comfortable working independently and be willing to proactively take on a range of responsibilities from setting strategy to handling individual requests.
- Actively take ownership of open IT issues in the Boston office and partner with management on improving systems and services as we scale
- Lead local IT vendor relationships
- Oversee and maintain an inventory of company assets, systems and peripherals
- Respond to helpdesk requests and work to improve the support process
- Assist with support tasks related to operating systems, software applications, wireless networks, networking, VoIP issues, and printers
- Provide technical training and guidance to both onsite and remote employees
- Create, update, and maintain knowledge articles in our knowledge management system
FlyMate Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor of science or equivalent
- 5+ years of experience working in an IT support/help-desk environment
- 5+ of expertise with Mac OS X or Microsoft Windows Operating Systems. Some experience with other system.
- Resourceful, proactive, and strong problem solving skills
- Knowledge of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, LAN and basic VoIP concepts
- Experience working in JIRA Service Desk or another applicable ticketing system
- Familiar managing SaaS tools like Gsuite, Okta, Slack, Jira or Confluence
- Ability to travel 10-20% of the time as required
- Ability to work onsite regularly
Flywire is an equal opportunity employer. With over 30 nationalities across 9 different offices, and diversity and inclusion at the core of our people agenda, we believe our FlyMates are our greatest asset, and we’re excited to watch our unique culture evolve with each new hire.
Flywire participates in E-Verify for U.S. employees.