DEI Manager at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
Toast’s People Team is continuously growing and changing! Toast is seeking a Manager of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion ( DEI) who will develop and manage programs that foster diversity, equity and inclusion, and positively impact our employee experience across Toast.This role is part of the People & Organizational Development (the POD) team. The POD sits within the People Success team, and designs organizational learning and people development including manager enablement, leadership development, DEI workshops, and coaching, as well as elearning platforms to drive personalized learning experiences. We also partner across the organization to drive initiatives that enable an inclusive and equitable culture where all of our Toast communities feel supported and able to thrive. Our work creates belonging and accelerates the rapid pace of our business.
The person hired for this role will manage the design and delivery of DEI learning and development programs, engage with our Toast Communities (ERG/Affinity Groups) and DEI Council, and partner with business groups to plan and execute DEI goals. The successful candidate will be data and detail-oriented and have experience managing multiple programs, projects and stakeholders in a fast paced, agile environment.
About this roll*:
In the role of Manager of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion you will drive impact in the following areas:
- Develops, supports and implements DEI programs, initiatives and communication in support of company and business group DEI goals
- Partners with Toast communities and leaders to identify challenges, opportunities and risks, and designs and executes impactful solutions, policies, and practices
- Collaborates and serves as a subject matter expert to ensure our products, systems, communications, marketing, policies, and processes reflect and enable our commitment to belonging, inclusion and equity
- Advocates for employees and DEI across the business, including highlighting the importance of inclusive practices that drive engagement and innovation
- Reports on diversity, inclusion and retention outcomes as a result of our DEI programs
- Partners with Learning & Enablement teams across the company to design, coordinate, and deliver workshops, coaching and other tools that help develop inclusive behaviors and mindset.
- Supports our DEI Council and Toast Communities (Employee Resource Groups-ERG/Affinity Groups) in defining and executing their strategies and initiatives.
- Identifies and manages relationships with relevant external DEI partnerships, organizations and vendors.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business, I/O Psychology or related area
- 5+ years of experience in the DEI, Human Resources and/or Talent space
- Knowledge and understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion principles
- Experience building and executing large scale programs
- Strong analytical skills; able to turn data into insights and a compelling narrative on impact
- Ability to interact and influence at all levels, drive change and work on multiple initiatives simultaneously
- Results orientation and ability to manage shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to comfortably present to multiple audiences
- Proven experience working with cross-functional teams in a matrixed environment
*Bread puns encouraged but not required