Data Security Analyst (Boston or Louisville, KY) - for Digital Health & Analytics at Humana Studio_h
The position of Data Security Analyst within Digital Health & Analytics is responsible for the safe conduct of Humana’s most valuable data assets through the processes, infrastructure, and analytics conducted that serve the greater decision driven operations of the enterprise. In support of those operation this position conducts best practice and requirement driven evaluations of the processes, infrastructure, analytic activities and acts on the findings to continuously improve the security posture of the Digital Health & Analytics environment.
The Data Security Analyst within Digital Health & Analytics will conduct regular audits of our systems, process new data security requests, manage data security requests and ensure that data groups are added to the system for data access, and investigate and remediate security incidents. Applicants must be comfortable within an environment of robust security, documenting policy, contributing to the improvement of these policies.
Digital Health & Analytics leverages Humana's most valuable data assets within an AI, ML, and deep learning environment to create insights that fuel critical decisions. To ensure the appropriate use of those data assets at speed and scale, the organization requires automation of the data movement, transformation, and validation processes that ensures quality, accuracy, and security for best results.
- Performing both internal and external security audits
- Processing new requests
- Managing new requests coming
- Management of Active Directory group/role membership
- Management of security across multiple technologies
- Management of Azure features
- Relational Database Management Systems
- Other technologies as they arrive/apply (continuous learning)
- Support of automation to increase consistency
- Follow up on incidents
- Investigation & remediation of validated incidents
- Analysis and identification of false alarms
- Monitoring security access as on ongoing activity
- Conducting security assessments through vulnerability testing and risk analysis
- Analyzing security breaches to identify the root cause
- Continuously updating the company’s incident response and disaster recovery plans
- Verifying the security of third-party vendors and collaborating with them to meet security requirements
- Close collaboration with other technologists to assist with automation of manual tasks
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related Degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant (data and/or security analyst position) or other direct industry experience.
- Knowledge of security frameworks including HITRUST and NIST
- Industry/Relevant certifications are a plus
- Azure certifications area plus (AZ300, AZ500)
- Ability to demonstrate strong attention to detail
- Analytical Thinking – Knowledge of techniques and tools that promote effective analysis and the ability to determine the root cause of organizational problems in order to create alternative solutions that resolve the problems in the best interest of the enterprise.
- Effective Communications – Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication methods.
- Information Assurance – Knowledge of and the ability to protect information and information systems while ensuring their confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Information Security Management – Knowledge of and the ability to manage the processes, tools, techniques and practices for assuring adherence to standards associated with accessing, transforming, and protecting organizational data.
- Information Security Technologies – Knowledge of technologies and technology-based solutions that address information security issues.
- IT Environment – Knowledge of an organization's IT purpose, activities, and standards; ability to create an effective and efficient IT environment for enterprise operations.
- IT Standards, Procedures & Policies – Knowledge of and the ability to utilize a variety of administrative skills and technical knowledge to manage organizational IT policies, standards, and procedures.
- IT Systems Management – Knowledge of and ability to utilize a variety of technical tools and techniques to guarantee service availability and support IT system performance.
- Problem Solving – Knowledge of approaches, tools, techniques for recognizing, anticipating, and resolving organizational, operational, and/or process problems; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to a broad range of circumstances.