Cybersecurity Strategist at VMware Carbon Black
Carbon Black is the Security Business Unit of VMware. Its charter is to build next generation security solutions for InfoSec teams, that transform security by shifting away of bolt-on solutions with multiple consoles and agents -- a more built-in consolidated platform, by radically improving the context about the elements we are trying secure, and by breaking down organizational silos that are inhibiting IT from operationalizing more of security and collaborating more effectively with InfoSec teams. Our flagship solution is the Carbon Black Cloud – a SaaS based platform for Identifying Risk, Preventing Malicious Software and Behavior, and Detecting and Respond to Attacks.
The Security Strategist team is a group of very senior security specialists that can; evangelize our mission, vision and strategy; establish horizontal (cyber) and vertical market credibility; ensure we are part of the market conversations that matter; and infuse deeper security understanding into our strategy and messaging.
The Security Strategist role is a high impact position which will represent VMware Carbon Black to customers, partners, prospects, and the industry at large. This is a unique role for an established and well-rounded Security professional who possesses deep industry knowledge, connections, and passion for evangelizing.
The role requires dynamic and engaging communications and presentation skills – verbal, written, and visual. The successful candidate is someone able to engage and influence a varied audience, including C-level, managerial, technical staff, and industry experts, as well as internal teams to be the go-to subject matter expert in various topics in the greater Cyber Security field.
As a Security Strategist, you will:
- Be one of the key global faces of VMware’s Carbon Black Security Business group for customers, partners, media, and the industry at large.
- Regularly evangelize VMware Carbon Black solutions and roadmaps globally as one of our thought leading technical experts at industry conferences (both VMware and non-VMware events), trade shows, seminars, and user groups.
- Regularly communicate with and engage the market via blog posts, podcasts, and social media.
- Work with the Global marketing team to support events such as VMworld, RSA, Black Hat, Def Con, ISSA, FS-ISAC and many more.
- Closely follow industry trends, direction, and new technologies to ensure inclusion of the latest market innovations in presented material and internal conversations.
- Engage with technology decision makers (CIO, CTO, solution architects, VPs and directors of IT) within Fortune 1000 accounts; building relationships, evangelizing VMware Carbon Black’s solutions, and providing domain expertise.
- Engage with the greater cyber security community at large. Including speaking at user groups, conferences, webinars and online discussion groups.
- Be a key member of the market strategy team.
- Be a member of the Howler team here at VMware Carbon Black.
- Established thought leader and recognized expert in the Security space with an existing track record and global customer, partner, and industry relationships.
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience (primarily focused in cyber security)
- 10+ years of experience writing, speaking, evangelizing, and/or advocating for security technologies.
- Strong presentation skills as well as the ability to build and present high quality technical and industry content for both technical and executive audiences.
- Must enjoy interacting with customers and driving compelling conversations.
- Ability to draw and maintain participant engagement presenting to small and large groups.
- Must exhibit ability to speak in front of large audiences.
- Strong writing skills with the ability to create technical documentation, stories, and blog posts.
- Must be effective in working both independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to interact with and influence senior executives within the Fortune 1000.
- A desire and talent to explain complex technical topics clearly and concisely while inspiring practitioners: verbally, in writing, on stage, and through video.
- Hustle to get out there and talk to the technical community, in-person and online (ideally evidenced by existing social media connections, prior speaking engagements, online forum participation, etc.).
- Responsive and authentic in your community interactions; you get enjoyment from teaching new skills and ways of thinking.
- Be a mentor to other team members and to the security community.
- Be mobile and have the ability for significant travel (40%+) including international locations. (A valid passport is required.)
- Pre-established credibility, contacts, and recognition in speaking engagements and technology publications.
- “Start-up Style" creativity and execution.
- Demonstrated critical thinking and advanced troubleshooting skills and translate deep technical concepts.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2020-05-18
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.