Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. We’re the most-visited car-shopping site in the US and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
We are looking for a Customer Support Representative to join our team. In this role, you will be the primary point of contact for consumers who are navigating their shopping experience or trying to sell their vehicle on CarGurus. You will respond to phone and email inquiries, tailoring responses to individual consumer needs and providing world class consumer support. We love solving problems and you will have the opportunity to help drive workflow development and innovate new approaches to guiding our users through their shopping journey.
What You’ll Do:
- Work with our Data Integrity Consumer Support team responding to user’s email and telephone inquiries
- Enthusiastically help consumers solve problems
- Troubleshoot reported bugs or site errors to improve user experience in a timely manner
- Track and analyze data from our user support channels
- Process reported content and activity to promote a secure online community
Who You Are:
- Availability to work weekends over an adjusted work week or a west coast coverage schedule
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Exhibit a service-oriented approach with the ability to resolve user issues, recognizing when escalations are appropriate
- Previous phone support experience
- Flexibility and accountability in a fast-paced evolving environment, handling high case-loads from time to time
- Analytical ability and aptitude
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple priorities
- Willingness to pitch in as needed on other Data Integrity activities and projects
- Previous retail, restaurant, or hospitality experience preferred
- Proficiency in Spanish is a plus
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our people’s professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the company—our way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency don’t just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potential—where you don’t just fit, you thrive. We don’t discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.