Customer Support Representative - Science Communication at Embark Veterinary
Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We’re looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
Embark Veterinary is searching for a Full-Time Customer Support Representative with a focus on general science/biology. To be successful in this role, you should have experience in customer support and a high EQ. Your primary responsibility focuses on resolving customer inquiries and questions through direct support via our customer support platform, chat, social media, telephone, and email. Many of these inquiries will involve questions about the inheritance of conditions and traits, assisting customers in interpreting their results, and interfacing with our Science and Veterinary teams to answer more challenging questions. This role also requires the ability to extend support to outlying questions outside of scientific inquiries as necessary.
The role will encompass a wide variety of duties and responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- Provide superior customer care to dog owners and breeders worldwide.
- Capture, curate, and distribute product feedback across the company.
- Interface with sales and marketing to ensure that Embark’s customer care experience is an integral part of our value proposition.
- 1-2 years of customer support or dog experience
- Bachelor's degree in a scientific field
- Strong science communication skills
- Intellectual curiosity and eagerness to learn more about canine genetics
- Prior start-up experience is a plus
- Ability to compartmentalize the last unpleasant call to provide a friendly, professional experience on the next
- Ability to multitask and prioritize conflicting demands
- Must love dogs!
What We Offer
- Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
- Startup perks with big-company benefits
- A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
- Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
- Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
- Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
- New iMacs and MacBook Pros
- Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark Veterinary Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.