Customer Support Engineer
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2018, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
On our technical support team, you will help our customers troubleshoot and navigate through processes and bugs regarding the MineralTree Secure Business Pay software and assist them with application support and troubleshooting while demonstrating the highest level of customer service.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical support issues for MineralTree’s customers and bank partners
- Accurately document cases, including customer comments, proper categorization of calls and describing successful resolution
- Work directly with customers to provide regular updates regarding outstanding tickets
- Escalate unresolved support issues to MineralTree’s Engineering team
- Work collaboratively with team members in other functions, such as engineering and customer success, communicating customer feedback
- Maintain and grow MineralTree’s knowledge database to ensure there is a future record of customer issues and “how to” resolve these with step by step instructions
- Excellent communication skills with a passion for solving technical problems and delighting customers
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and programs
- Prior software support experience is a plus
- Knowledge of Linux and SQL is a plus
- Willingness to provide assistance to customers in a helpful, patient and respectful manner
- Knowledge of Finance practices and/or payments a huge plus!
As a regular full-time MineralTree employee, you’ll enjoy a competitive salary commensurate with the position, benefits for your peace of mind such as a BCBS sponsored medical & dental insurance and life & disability insurance. Start saving for retirement using our 401k plan through ING/Voya. We motivate you to be a continuous learner and believe in making investments in you by providing tuition reimbursement. Talented people tend to hang together and we want you to shout it from the rooftops about how great it is to work at MineralTree so we give you the opportunity to earn significant employee referral bonuses. While we work hard, we also know you need to recharge your batteries, so we provide unlimited (yes unlimited) vacation time.