Customer Success Specialist - Marlborough
We’re looking for a friendly, eager-to-learn Customer Success Specialist to join our team in Marlborough, MA.
In this role, you will use your passion for technology to provide our customers with a world class experience. SimplePractice is built for our customers, and supporting their success is our top priority. We strive to provide unparalleled support and encourage our customers to always let us know how we can improve our products. You’ll be an integral member of the Customer Success team, getting to know and responding to thousands of SimplePractice customers, and working collaboratively with our team to constantly improve our Customer Success materials and processes. This role will give you front row access in a startup while you provide tangible value and support to our growing community.
What is the structure of this job?
This is a full-time hourly (non-exempt) position, with overtime offered during peak seasons. For the first 3 months of employment, you'll be expected to be in our office from 9:00am to 6:00pm, Monday through Friday. There is some flexibility with working hours over time. We’re looking for individuals that can also offer non-traditional business hours availability, including weekends, to help us manage our response time goals throughout the entire week.
There is an opportunity for some remote work down the line on an ad hoc basis, but the option to work remotely full time is not an option - we love collaborating in-person and building our team culture face to face!
What would you do for us?
- Respond to customer inquiries about our company and platform's features
- Answer all inbound support emails within 60 minutes or less, continually striving for swifter response time
- Triage incoming customer support emails to other specialty agents, answering up to 30% of all new emails
- Participate in live chat during our standard business hours
- Schedule live customer screen sharing sessions and phone calls as needed
- Investigate and troubleshoot complex issues that our customers face with our product by utilizing intuitive problem-solving skills
- Identify patterns in incoming support emails and keep an eye out for potential issues
- Escalate product issues to our Technical Support Specialists
- Participate in Customer Success onboarding and education programs and efforts
- Contribute to our ambitious conversion rate goals by conducting live onboarding calls with customers in a free trial
- Increase our customers’ product engagement and competency through teaching live classes, conducting Q&A sessions, and facilitating demos
- Maintain alignment with the larger Customer Success group and other internal stakeholders
- Identify and report knowledge gaps in our group and work to get them added to our Knowledge Systems
- Work with our Product, Engineering, Marketing, Compliance, and Partnerships groups to handle customer inquiries when inter-department collaboration is needed
Our Customer Success Specialist Must-Haves:
- 1-2 years of professional work experience
- A sense of urgency to complete work efficiently and accurately
- Comfortable with ambiguity to determine the best solution for our customers
- Comfortable with managing a large number of computer based programs, applications, and toolsets simultaneously to perform job duties
- Upbeat, fun, and confident, and can pitch in on-camera in some of our live online customer classes
- Tech savvy and comfortable with web apps - Slack, Asana, Zendesk, Google Docs, ScheduleOnce, and the like. You should be able to use them with ease and be sharp enough to troubleshoot any issues you have
More About You:
- You have the ability to explain complicated concepts in a clear and concise manner
- You’re highly empathetic, patient, and really love helping people
- You have impeccable written and verbal communication skills, with an emphasis on a casual, friendly, and conversational tone
- You self-manage, are a self-starter, are self-motivated, and can adjust priorities on-the-fly
- A plus if you have past experience working with Zendesk or in start-up environments
California Job Applicant Privacy Notice
Thank you for your interest in opportunities at SimplePractice LLC (“SimplePractice” or “us” or “we” or “our”).
Please note that when you submit your resume or application materials to us for employment purposes, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
- Identifiers (e.g., name, address, email address, and phone number); protected characteristics (e.g., sex, gender, age, citizenship, disability status, and veteran status); professional or employment-related information (e.g., employment history, educational background, certificates and licenses, work eligibility information and other information obtained from your resume, cover letter, your responses to our application questions, background check forms, and your references); other personal records (e.g., signature, photograph, and criminal background information); and inferences drawn from personal information collected (e.g., creating a profile that reflects your abilities and aptitudes).
We collect the above categories of personal information for the following business purposes:
- To perform recruitment and hiring services; to manage the workforce; to comply with federal and state laws, and to maintain security (e.g., to detect and prevent against security risks and incidents, to prevent against fraudulent or illegal activity, and to ensure compliance with our company policies and procedures).