Customer Librarian at Klaviyo
Why You Should Join the Marketing Team
The marketing team is special - a collection of powerful misfits, passionate doers, creative strategists and insatiable dreamers. We’re looking for people nothing like us to make our diverse group even more diverse and broaden our collective thought.
At Klaviyo there’s plenty of low-hanging fruit, and a lot of room for big ideas, experimentation, and building out new channels. Specifically, we want someone who is going to own the single source of truth of our customers. Sound exciting? Keep reading.
You’ll work directly with our evangelism team to analyze qualitative customer data and identify stories that will create a meaningful understanding of our customers and drive the company toward our #1 core value: Customer First.
You’ll be a part of a hard-working team, have real impact, lead cross-team collaboration across the company, and MUCH more.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Create and maintain the taxonomy of our customer story library so that teams across the company (marketing, product, customer success, etc) can use our deep and meaningful library as a resource to better understand our customers.
- Tag, sort, and codify the qualitative data inside our customer library so that it is easily accessible to stakeholders.
- Collate quantitative data with qualitative data to provide as clear of a picture as possible.
- Respond to internal requests for stories and create projects in our repository that meet the needs of those requests.
- Build the customer story library by soliciting and adding contributions from other team members.
- Analyze trends in the qualitative and quantitative data and identify gaps in current library content. Work with the entire evangelism team to share those trends and fill those gaps.
- In conjunction with the rest of the customer evangelism team, work to increase the customer story library volume by interviewing customers.
- Work with IT, engineering, and BI to manage the tech integrations with our story repository. There’s a lot of data flowing in and out and you’ll manage what data we need and where it needs to go.
- Work across teams to build and maintain a single source of truth for our customers.
You Are Someone With:
- A passion for research. You’re happiest when you’re surrounded by piles of data, sorting through it all and making sense of it.
- A love for customers. You may be someone who has worked in product, success, or marketing. Or maybe you’ve spent your time somewhere else. Which team you sit on doesn’t matter to you. You’re just happy to be connecting with customers regularly and helping the company better know what those customers think, say, and do.
- A desire to create change and an equally strong desire to execute. This role is part implementor, part strategist. You’ll be expected to think strategically, set and own KPIs, lead others through your findings, and get your hands dirty with data, outreach, and more.
- An extremely high bar for quality. Even though you may not consider yourself an expert, you know how to figure out what excellence looks like in any of them, and chart a path for getting us there.
- Experience owning data. You know your way around taxonomies, you’ve built systems, you’re known for your organization skills, and you love setting goals for putting that data to good use.
- People skills. You’re a data person, sure, but you know that data is about real humans and treat it accordingly. You’re just as comfortable tagging and sorting as you are interviewing and asking why.
- 3+ year experience in research/data/analytics.
If that sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you!
About the Hiring Process:
Interested in joining our team? Great!
We’ll begin reviewing applications, and continue to review them until the job is filled. We typically reduce the candidate pool down to a small handful who, after a brief screening interview with the recruiter and hiring manager will move onto a panel interview.
You’ll have a panel interview over Zoom (typically 4-5 1:1 interviews with people who will interact with the person in this role). After that, we'll decide on our final candidates and set them up with a 1:1 interview with a marketing executive, likely within Product Marketing.
Finally, all going well, we'll make a written offer to the successful candidate which can be signed electronically. If you are not sent an offer, you will be notified so you aren’t left wondering what’s going on.
We’re looking forward to chatting!
Get to know Klaviyo
Klaviyo is a world-leading marketing automation platform dedicated to accelerating revenue and customer connection for online businesses. Klaviyo makes it easy to store, access, analyze and use transactional and behavioral data to power highly-targeted customer and prospect communications. The company's hybrid customer-data and marketing-platform model allows companies to grow by fostering direct relationships with customers, without giving up their valuable data to popular big-tech ad platforms. Over 265,000 innovative companies like Unilever, Custom Ink, Living Proof and Huckberry sell more with Klaviyo. Learn more at www.klaviyo.com.
Klaviyo does not tolerate and prohibits discrimination, harassment or retaliation of or against job applicants, contractors, interns, volunteers or employees by another employee, supervisor, vendor, customer or any third party.