Customer Engineer - Level 2 Support at Vestmark, Inc.
As a Customer Engineer on our Production Support Level 2 team, you will be responsible for developing an in-depth technical understanding of the VestmarkOne platform. Your goal will be to use that knowledge to troubleshoot and provide solutions for client issues in a timely manner, while ensuring feedback is given to the engineering team to further improve the product. This position requires strong troubleshooting, technical, organizational, and communication skills. The Customer Engineer will work both independently and in collaboration with peers and others, to analyze, research, and resolve issues in an efficient manner. In addition to issue recovery, essential aspects of this role involve root cause identification, documentation of issue recovery procedures, and cross training others to help improve issue prevention. You will utilize several tools (database, client configs, logs, etc) to collect a picture of the problem and identify the solution.
- Provide consistent, reliable, on-site Level 2 Support Coverage
- Utilize internal resources as necessary to permanently resolve issues by addressing root cause
- Follow standard best practices for proper change control of proposed solutions
- Translate client issues into well documented, actionable bugs for engineering resolution
- Contribute to and progress the analysis, research, and resolution of support cases escalated by colleagues to Level 2
- Document issue triage, as troubleshooting progresses, utilizing JIRA and Salesforce
- Partner with various internal departments as needed to deliver superior customer service
- Willingness to work extended hours on an as-needed basis
Required Experience and Skills:
- Aptitude for comprehending enterprise software architecture
- XML and SQL knowledge (T-SQL Preferred)
- Experience with Source Code Control systems (GIT, BitBucket)
- Experience with Confluence tools (Wiki, JIRA) and Salesforce
- Eye for detail and exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Excellent documentation and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively with multiple different groups of varying technical skills
- Ability to handle problem situations quickly, inventively, and resourcefully
- Ability to balance and manage multiple, competing priorities.
- Understanding of SDLC methodologies
- MSCS is a plus
- Web Services and API Experience
- Knowledge of Cron and/or Reg Expressions
- Additional coding experience (particularly in Java, Perl)
- Database Management experience
- Tomcat and/or JBOSS experience
- Previous SaaS application support experience
- Relevant financial industry systems experience (e.g. Portfolio Management, Trading, Middle/Back Office Operations)
- BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent
Level 2 Support is a small team acting as a primary escalation point for the Production Support team addressing platform configuration issues. The team is responsible for helping maintain VestmarkOne applications for production clients. We work closely together to resolve complex configuration issues and ensure that those changes are persisted correctly by following established code management practices. The team handles many aspects of product configuration and provides the opportunity to grow professional skills in many areas.