Customer Education Specialist - POS at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
At Toast, we put our customers first. Members of the restaurant community have a lot on their plates, so when they have a question about Toast, we want them to be able to find the answer FAST! In the content specialist role, you’ll need to know the Toast product, understand the members of our Toast community, and know how to best communicate with them.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Write, edit and publish self-help articles in Toast Central.
- Identify content gaps for assigned product areas.
- Analyze customer engagement data and support cases. Present bi-weekly readouts on metrics observed.
- Support Education Team initiatives such as content blitzes and special projects as needed.
- Create and maintain cross-functional relationships with key stakeholders to better understand the product and any upcoming changes. Complete assigned tickets autonomously through our project management tool.
- Partner with customer marketing to drive the adoption of education team content throughout the customer journey.
- Manage and execute on deadlines for multiple deliverables. Remain flexible as priorities shift and communicate status updates and blockers as needed.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Strong writing skills, with the ability to convert complex topics into simple steps.
- Ability to write in a customer-facing tone and voice.
- Strong organizational and relationship-building skills.
- Self-motivated with a problem-solving mindset.
- Familiarity with restaurant operations and workflows. Previous experience working in a restaurant environment is a plus but is not required.
- Previous experience with Toast products is a plus but not required.
- Previous experience with content development tools such as Adobe Creative Suite, Canva, Jira, and Salesforce Knowledge is a plus but is not required.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required