Customer Care Manager - Boston, MA at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
This role will actively manage the Tier 1 Support Team. This role is responsible for the productivity and the well-being of the members of the Care Team across the Boston, Omaha, and remote offices. This role is responsible for (1) overseeing the customer journey for those experiencing Toast issues throughout the support experience, (2) work with cross-functional Internal teams such as Restaurant Success and Services to create process and support guidelines, and (3) train and develop members of the team on process, technical troubleshooting, and new product knowledge.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Is responsible for managing a team of agents.
- Monitors attendance and schedule adherence throughout the day.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert for Operations
- Works directly with agents to improve their effectiveness for Customer Support.
- Provides coaching and feedback to all agents - through the QA process or through One on One sessions.
- Is required to be available for Supervisor Calls.
- Maintains open communication with agents regarding their concerns and ideas; relays to others as appropriate.
- Proactively communicates new ideas for improvement.
- Assists agents with challenging customer contacts - is a point of contact for escalated situations.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Ability to model professional behavior.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to provide guidance to different types of learning styles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively without close supervision.
- Ability to adapt to an ever-changing environment.
- Strong attendance habits.
- Flexibility with scheduling.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.