Corporate Development and Mergers & Acquisitions (CDMA) at Chewy is a group responsible for helping to shape Chewy’s strategy by identifying industry trends, maintaining relationships with relevant external partners, as well as leveraging the value of the company’s business platform to source, negotiate, structure, and execute strategic acquisitions and investments across all of Chewy’s geographies and businesses.
As the Pet industry and landscape evolves, the CDMA organization is tasked with staying one step ahead, scanning the landscape to build a continuous stream of intelligence, and appropriately connecting company strategic priorities to industry level opportunities. This team influences strategic build vs. buy decisions to help Chewy accelerate entrepreneurial growth, product initiatives and innovation. The team partners with pertinent internal stakeholders and verticals such as category business leaders, tech, product, legal, finance, accounting, and the Chewy Board to source, evaluate, analyze, and execute all of Chewy’s M&A and strategic investments.
Chewy is seeking a Corporate Development and M&A Manager who will report into the Associate Director of CDMA. The successful candidate will possess strong analytical horsepower, business and financial acumen, and excellent judgement in all situations to protect and grow Chewy’s reputation as a brand and company.
What You’ll Do:
- Support Chewy’s long-term growth strategy through identification, assessment and execution of potential mergers, acquisitions, investments, joint ventures, and divestitures by the company
- Collaborate with Business Unit Leaders to think about corporate development opportunities in a progressive, systematic, and routine fashion
- Develop and execute against key deliverables including sourcing / market research, creating analysis / financial modeling, due diligence, deal, and process execution, closing and integration activities
- Provide general transaction and analytical support to the CDMA team
What You’ll Need:
- 3-5+ years of transaction experience in Corporate Development or M&A at a large global corporation, investment bank, consulting, or private equity / investing firm
- Experience working in a demanding and fast-paced environment with highly motivated and driven professionals
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skill set, fluency in performing rigorous financial, valuation and broad quantitative analyses and familiarity with both accounting and operating metrics
- Ability to handle projects with multiple workstreams and manage complex cross-enterprise projects with multiple stakeholders at both senior and junior levels
- Excellent presentation skills including strong oral and writing capabilities
- Strong leadership skills with a proactive, action-oriented and team player approach
- Travel may be required
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at Chewy, please contact HR at chewy dot com