Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Veeva’s Legal Team is looking for a customer service-oriented team player who excels in a fast-paced environment. In this role, you will support the U.S. Commercial Legal Team and Global Purchasing Team, serving as the frontline for responding to contract-related requests and maintaining the contract database. The U.S. Commercial Legal Team provides assistance to Veeva’s fast-moving U.S. sales and services teams and the Global Purchasing Team handles all purchasing contracts for Veeva.
This role will report to the Associate General Counsel, U.S. Commercial.
What You'll Do
- Manage the customer contract management system (currently managed in Salesforce.com)
- Report on the status of existing and pending contracts
- Recommend improvements and innovations to the contract process
- Audit existing contracts and develop reports on specific legal terms and conditions
- Manage and address incoming inquiries to the U.S. Commercial Legal Team and the Global Purchasing Team
- Review, revise and negotiate non-disclosure agreements (NDAs)
- Maintain contract template versions
- Maintain the U.S. Commercial Legal Team’s intranet page
- Be responsible for signature acquisition process (e.g., routing agreements for electronic signature)
- Lead special contract-related projects as necessary
- Provide superior customer service to internal and external customers regarding contracts
- Support the U.S. Commercial Legal Team and the Global Purchasing Team as requested
- Other responsibilities as requested
- 3+ years of contract management experience
- High school diploma/GED or higher
- Accurate and organized with data and documents
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a friendly, outgoing, and flexible manner
- Ability to work independently, be proactive, and meet critical deadlines under tight timelines
- Willingness to learn and take on new challenges
- Detail-oriented and communicative – you know when to escalate
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Comfortable reviewing simple legal documents (e.g., NDAs) to identify areas of concern
- Experience with Gmail, Adobe Acrobat, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Sign (f/k/a EchoSign), Salesforce, and able to learn new programs or software quickly
Nice to Have
- Experience working in-house at a technology company, software company, or pharmaceutical company
- Experience implementing a CLM system
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected]