Community Manager at Thrasio
| Greater Boston Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:42 a.m. (EST) on Tuesday, February 1, 2022
Hop on the Rocketship
Thrasio is a next-generation consumer goods company reimagining how the world’s most-loved products become accessible to everyone. We use a deep understanding of rankings, ratings, and reviews to identify and acquire quality brands and use world-class expertise and data science to make their products better or create new ones to meet changing customer demand.
We’ve got huge goals, and every Thrasher plays an integral part in getting us to the stratosphere. That’s why we only bring on people who think positively. Who look out for the team. Who tell their egos to take a hike while they get the job done right.
From the moment you hop on our rocketship, we give you the freedom you need to take big swings and push what’s possible to get us there. And if you fail, it’s cool—we know you’ll grow spectacularly. What matters is that you’re helping impact millions of people around the world who use our products everyday.
Because with every new spatula, pillow, or marker brand we acquire, with every coffee roaster or body wash we develop, our goal is to provide people everywhere with what they need to make the most of every moment - ensuring that what gets delivered to their door delivers.
Thrasio is looking for a Community Manager for our Walpole office! You will be responsible for overall office management at this location and ensure all COVID-19 safety protocols are adhered to. Our Community Managers also take part in a wide variety of cross functional projects as it relates to providing the best employee experience for our Thrashers! In order to effectively oversee the core Thrasio communities across the US, Community Managers are expected to be in offices M-Thu during working hours.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Serve as “events” and employee experience lead for your community location.
- Partner with Employee Experience team to proactively brainstorm, organize, and lead a strategic plan for cohort reunions, team events, and a minimum of 2-3 community-wide events per quarter.
- Train new hires on community office procedures and serve as a greeter when/if they choose to visit.
- Adhere to and maintain all policies and standards as it relates to Covid-19 compliance, policies and procedures.
- Maintain community slack channel with minimum of once-weekly connection posts for your community.
- Community Managers will do daily outreach to gather regional intel on staff and city happenings and craft a twice monthly newsletter to keep employees informed and engaged.
- Get proper approvals for all office expenditures and purchasing and partner with VP People to review and reduce facilities costs based on primarily remote workforce including: Kitchen, Vendor Relationship/payables, cleaning equipment, desks, decor, flowers, plants, meal and snack budgets. Create, oversee and maintain Guru card collection by community (directions to offices, booking rooms, local restaurants, etc) and socialize with existing and new hires.
- Secure local corporate discounts/partnerships with vendors (uber, hotels, etc) and then document employee process in community Guru card collection.
- Oversee product updates/displays for Thrasio “general store” in each location.
- Partner with IT to maintain office efficiency by planning and implementing office systems and equipment procurement.
- This includes ensuring appropriate IT and remote set-ups are established for all meetings and events.
- In the event that you are on vacation or otherwise out of the office during a community event that needs support, it is your responsibility to coordinate a designee to ensure teams are supported.
- Ensure office/location security.
- Oversee lease management and invoicing in partnership with VP, People.
- Coordinate with the building manager and maintenance teams to respond to any pressing issues.
- Work with building management to assign parking passes as needed.
- Devote 10-15 hours per week to your designated special project and special project lead
What You Bring to the Party:
- 3-5+ year(s) experience in an office, events or project management function, preferably in a tech environment.
- A strong desire to impart Thrasio’s values and cultures to new Thrashers!
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to multi-task.
- You like to follow rules and will make sure that Thrasio’s Walpole office maintains its warm, fun culture while keeping our team safe.
- Strong technology skills and an ability to learn new software programs quickly and look for efficiencies in how the office is managed.
- Previous experience with budgeting, billing, invoicing is a plus.
- Must be humble, results-oriented, collaborative, and have a sense of humor and a strong EQ.
- Management experience is a plus
THRASIO IS PROUD TO BE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND CONSIDERS ALL QUALIFIED APPLICANTS FOR EMPLOYMENT WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, RELIGION, SEX, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, ANCESTRY, AGE, OR NATIONAL ORIGIN. FURTHER, QUALIFIED APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE DISCRIMINATED AGAINST ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY, PROTECTED CLASSES, OR PROTECTED VETERAN STATUS. THRASIO PARTICIPATES IN E-VERIFY.
Thrasio does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Thrasio employees or any other organization location. Thrasio is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.