Cloud Operations Coordinator (Temporary) at Acquia
Acquia is transforming the digital strategies of companies all over the world with our open cloud platform. We are passionate and relentlessly committed to helping our clients create digital experiences that are more relevant, personalised, and built for a fast-changing, always-connected, mobile-first world. Headquartered in Boston with our EMEA Head office in Reading, UK and further European offices in Paris, Munich and Ghent, we have been named as one of the world’s fastest growing software companies and have been rated a leader by the analyst community.
Due to Acquia’s continuing company success, we are looking for an Cloud Operation Coordinator to join our global Operations team and help provide exceptional service to our growing customer base, which includes enterprise-level organisations and government agencies. You will join a dedicated team of Operations and Database professionals working with customers all over the globe to help our customers be successful. As part of that team, you will work directly with our Customer Support and Account Management teams to triage and resolve technical and non-technical issues critical to maintaining satisfied and loyal customers. You will also assist in scheduling infrastructure change events as part of a customer’s lifecycle. The role requires developing a thorough knowledge of Acquia’s products and processes. It requires working closely within and across teams to change and develop service processes as business needs evolve.
Location: This role is based in Reading or Remote in the UK. (Weekly travel to Reading office required)
- Help create communications for a broad customer base consisting of non-profit organisations, educational institutions, governmental bodies, and Fortune 500 companies around the world.
- Use advanced problem-solving to resolve complex technical and administrative challenges in real-time across a number of technical domains and global teams that span multiple time zones.
- Collaborate across the Operations organisation and other internal teams to provide the best possible outcomes to meet client need.
- Create systems for auditing, maintain documentation, and work cross-functionally to improve work throughput and transparency across Acquia as a whole.
- Coordinate, validate and schedule internal and external work requests across a global engineering team.
- Create project management plans and reports for tracking large and small scale platform modernisation and customer-driven changes
- Identify process and tool improvements and work with cross-functional teams for implementation.
- Track and estimate workload for the Operations team to assist in shift planning and address coverage needs.
- Bachelors in Computer Science/Information Technology degree.
- Prior experience with ticketing systems such as Zendesk or Jira.
- At least 2 years of experience in a similar role.
- High attention to detail.
- Passion for the web, open-source, and for helping others.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Evidence of a curious mind.
- Experience with version control, git or svn.
- Understanding of AWS Cloud and its various services.
- Understanding of the LAMP stack and Bash.
- Understanding of or experience with AGILE, Kanban and Scrum.
- PMP or ITIL certifications.
- Collaborative working style, flexible, proactive, takes initiative, friendly and approachable, efficient, inquisitive, resourceful.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, colour, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.