Working with two experienced product teams and under the direction of the Clinical Safety Officer, the Clinical Safety Analyst’s key responsibilities include using extensive domain knowledge and experience to work with development, implementation, and support teams to ensure the clinical safety of a major global healthcare information exchange platform. The Analyst will be part of an experienced global team dedicated to ensuring the clinical safety of InterSystems’ healthcare products.
Qualified candidates come from a clinical background with Nurses or Pharmacists preferred. Past experience with patient safety, health information systems, health information exchange, population health, or clinical quality improvement preferred.
About the Product:
One of the most important and difficult problems in healthcare is the integration of patient data from multiple sources, locations and data formats. The information is complex, disparate, high volume, changing over time, and vital to patient and population health. HealthShare is solving these problems for networks of healthcare providers within large healthcare groups, across municipal regions, and even for entire countries. The solutions require sophisticated data management, workflow and transaction processing, data quality analysis, both patient-centric and provider-centric user interfaces, and data repository and analytics frameworks.
Duties & Responsibilities:
The Clinical Safety Analyst will participate in the following on-going activities:
- Assessing the clinical safety of new product features and enhancements
- Authoring, updating, and releasing clinical safety documents including the Hazard Log and Clinical Safety Case
- Reviewing safety reports that are filed by regional offices, implementation teams, partners, and customers
- Participating in, and administration of, an internal forum for reviewing clinical safety issues
- Participating in evaluation, risk scoring, and authorship of safety alerts to be sent to customers
- Enhancing processes and internal tools that support clinical safety activities
- Maintaining internal policy and procedure documents
- Clinical safety training of new staff and refresher training of existing staff
- Other duties may be directed by the company from time to time.
- Clinical background required; Preferred backgrounds are APC - Registered Nurse (RN), Nurse Practitioner (NP), Nurse Midwife, Nurse Anesthetist, Physician Assistants (PAs), or Pharmacists
- Past experience with clinical safety, health information systems, health information exchange, population health, or clinical quality improvement preferred
- Ability to communicate clearly, especially in writing
- Demonstrated domain expertise with clear understanding of healthcare workflows
- 4 Years practical domain experience
- Position is based in Cambridge, MA. Remote requests will not be considered at this time.
- Experience with electronic exchange of health information is an advantage
- Domestic and international travel may be required
InterSystems is the engine behind the world’s most important applications. In healthcare, business, government, and other sectors where lives and livelihoods are at stake, InterSystems is the power behind what matters™. Founded in 1978, InterSystems is a privately held company headquartered in Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA), with offices worldwide, and its software products are used daily by millions of people in more than 80 countries. For more information, visit InterSystems.com.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and do not discriminate because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, marital status, veteran status, age, disability, sexual orientation or gender identity or expression or any other legally protected category. InterSystems is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.