Chief of Staff at Wistia
The Director of Business Operations and Chief of Staff will be responsible for the company operating effectively and efficiently as we scale. More specifically, they should be implementing systems and processes that help us scale faster. Additionally, they will serve as go-to problem solver for the business on ad hoc strategic initiatives, major operational initiatives, or special projects.
- Designing and managing the company operating system and strategic planning process
- Managing strategic planning process and business reviews (annual planning; quarterly business reviews + planning; monthly reviews, etc. Set cadence, define outcomes / outputs, define templates, establish timelines, facilitate conversations, ensure follow-ups, etc.)
- Establishing mechanisms for managing company-wide initiatives and overseeing adherence
- Establishing and running mechanism(s) for monitoring progress vs. OKRS on ongoing basis; ensure company stays accountable for results
- Integrating resource planning better into planning process
- Building / managing company-wide calendar partnering closely with Head of Workplace Experience + Senior Management Team.
- Serve as a thought partner and advisor to members of the senior management team.
- Leading high-impact cross-functional initiatives as needed.
- Building the systems and processes that enable us to grow + scale effectively + efficiently (this includes the aforementioned operating system but also other operating norms re: meetings + communications). As we grow and scale, how the company operates will need to change. The Director of Business Operations will be responsible for anticipating our changing needs and adapting our systems, processes, tools, etc accordingly.
- Managing our hybrid model. As hybrid work increasingly becomes the norm, we need to ensure our hybrid model is serving the needs of the business + employees. The Director of Business Operations will partner closely with leadership and the People team to ensure that our hybrid model is doing that.
- Facilitating and coordinating senior management team operations. The Director of Business Operations will help ensure that the senior management team is operating at a high-level and using its time most effectively by among other things setting SMT meeting agendas, facilitating conversations, etc.
- Driving strategic and operational communications, both internally (company-wide) and with the Board.
- Define channels, frequency, etc for company-wide communications
- Identify content / messages needed to be communicated company wide
- Propose AHM and Board Meeting agendas + oversee development of materials for those meetings
- Overseeing and managing business tools and systems. The Director of Business Operations will be responsible for overseeing the selection, implementation, and ongoing management of business-wide tools (e.g., communication, collaboration, documentation tools) as well as our relationship with IT vendor. Functional-specific tools (e.g., Finance tools, MarTech, etc) will continue to be managed by those functions.
- Managing the Business Operations team. Build and manage the Business Operations team as the organization grows.
- Executing special projects as needed.
- Has a track record of success and driving impact
- Is a strategic thinker with strong business acumen and aptitude for solving ambiguous problems
- Is a systems thinker with a strong operational mind. Adept at building systems and processes that scale
- Is able to lead and drive change through influence
- Has excellent written and verbal communication skills, deft at adapting messaging / tone to various audiences
- Is a strong collaborator and team player AND able to work independently
- Is proactive, pragmatic, and a self-starter
We try to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. We’re proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We care a lot, so our benefits are actually benefits, not just the fun stuff like swag and snacks in the office (though we also have lots of those too!).
We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A great compensation package
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you contribute
- Profit Sharing!
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid family leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
We have a beautiful office in Cambridge, MA, but we’re all working remotely (all 100+ of us) right now. Permanently remote applicants will be considered, but we’ll give priority to local applicants, those willing to relocate, and those within 3 hours of EST.