Channel Operations Manager at Markforged
The goal of the Business Operations team is to build the foundation of our internal systems and processes, scale these systems, and improve efficiencies. There is a strong focus on analytical and quantitative thinking. The business operations team blends high-level strategic thinking with on-the-ground execution to propel the company to grow and scale well. We are a team of problem-solvers, where all challenges are met with enthusiasm and open minds.
The Channel Operations Manager is responsible for creating and managing the day-to-day processes and data related to Markforged’s reseller business. The Channel Operations Manager should consider themselves the authority on Markforged’s active reseller list; on-boarding and off-boarding process; and partner community. This role analyzes the Markforged Reseller business to create processes and programs to support the growth of Channel business.
- Manage paper process during VAR Onboarding - liaise between Channel Managers, Resellers and Markforged Finance team to file appropriate Reseller Agreements and document Reseller start dates, terms of sale and special pricing concessions in Salesforce.
- Maintain active database of Markforged Resellers - responsible for analytics related to number of active resellers, number of certified resellers and reseller terminations.
- Develop Reseller sales strategy in partnership with the Channel Operations Manager and Channel Managers - develop tiering scenarios, score each Reseller’s core competencies and analyze geographic distribution of Reseller coverage.
- Primary Point of Contact for Reseller operational support (e.g. connecting the right people to answer questions related to orders, invoicing, warranties, support and training)
- Assign Leads and Opportunities in the Markforged Partner Portal with the assistance of the Channel Managers and Marketing team - routinely report on lead sharing program to Channel Operations Manager, Marketing Operations and Marketing Managers.
- Create and manage future deal registration process with support from Channel Operations Manager
- Provide Partner Portal training to new hire classes and recently on-boarded VARs
- Partner with Finance to understand current impact of delinquent accounts and resellers who are inviolation of current reseller agreements (e.g. reselling demo units without replacement)
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!What you have:
- Bachelor's Degree preferred; ideally in Finance, Economics, Business, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant experience; preferably within a Channel Sales environment
- Experience with deal registration
- Advanced in Excel (know your VLOOKUP from an HLOOKUP, Pivot Tables, Basic Macros)
- Strong experience with Salesforce Partner Portal
- Experience working operationally between sales, marketing and finance
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.