Business Operations & Strategy Leader at PathAI
PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
Reporting to the Head of Biopharma Solutions (CEO-2), the Biopharma Business Operations & Strategy Leader will be accountable for several of the enabling functions that will facilitate the growth of the Biopharma Solutions business at PathAI. Specifically, the successful candidate will establish and lead business analytics, sales enablement, downstream marketing, and will facilitate a strong connection between BD and product development. The role will work closely with the VP of Business Development and VP Scientific Programs to best serve the growth needs of PathAI. The role is highly matrixed and will also work closely with VP of Product Development, VP of Partnerships, VP of Finance and other key leaders across PathAI.
Scope of the role:
- set the vision and operating model for this function including hiring plans for junior roles in downstream product marketing and business analytics.
- Establish and continuously update an insights framework with analytical metrics andKPIs for the business development and scientific programs function such that meaningful insights are created the lead to over-all process improvements.
- Help set and drive key strategic initiatives that help propel the Biopharm business forward including best practices for a repeatable business development cycle
- Establish operating models that facilitate the bidirectional communication between BD and Product development such that these functions are well coordinated and aligned on priorities, timelines and market preparedness.
- In collaboration w the VP of Strategic Partnerships, assess the need for additional ‘ecosystem’ business partnerships that can help to improve our market reach and solution impact
- Establish and lead downstream marketing functions, product branding and the development of enabling collateral as well as market/brand awareness campaign in collaboration w BD, Scientific Programs and Product Development functions.
- Support key strategic partnerships deals with prospective pharma partners
- Post graduate degree in business or life sciences
- 8+ years experience in industry w demonstrated track record of success in a business function, preferably business development, sales or business operations
- Experience/awareness in pharmaceutical research and development
- Awareness of biotech industry and market drivers
- Strong analytical skills and proven ability to establish KPIs and insights from analytical methods
- Strong communication skills and track record of success in cross functional roles
- Strong business acumen and critical thinking, ‘can-do’ and resourceful attitude.
- Familiarity w CRMs and other analytical database tools (SQL, Quickbooks, NetSuite, etc)
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll genuinely enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.