Business Operations Manager
Meet CarGurus—the #1 visited online car shopping website in the US. At CarGurus, we’re building the world’s most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace where it’s easy to find great deals from top-rated dealers.
Founded in 2006 by Langley Steinert (co-founder of TripAdvisor), CarGurus is a technology company with a passion for data and its power to simplify every aspect of the car shopping experience. Using proprietary technology, search algorithms and innovative data analytics, we provide unbiased validation on pricing, dealer reputation and vehicle history.
Are you looking to join the international team at a dynamic and fast-paced technology company? The Business Operations Manager will help manage strategy and operations for our UK business. You will guide key strategic decisions, as well as work cross-functionally to implement critical business initiatives. You'll have the opportunity to work alongside leadership teams in Sales, Marketing, Business Development, Finance, and Product. A successful candidate will have strong analytical skills and an ability to work cross-functionally to implement change.
What You'll Do:
- Work directly with functional VPs, Directors, and other senior management to help guide the strategic direction and daily operations of our international business
- Lead cross-functional teams to implement high-impact projects. An ability to influence teams who are not direct reports is critical to success.
- Collaborate with Business Intelligence and FP&A teams to analyze business fundamentals that inform strategy and operations
- Extract key insights from analyses and presents findings in a compelling way to influence critical business decisions
- Work cross-functionally to establish KPI’s for the UK business and ensure accountability for results
- Manage a variety of high-visibility, strategic initiatives for the UK market
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required, MBA a plus
- 5-8 years of relevant experience, ideally in a general management position
- Ability to influence cross-functionally to drive change
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills, written and verbal
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in technology and/or SAAS a plus
- SalesForce experience a plus
At the core of our company culture is a spirit of innovation, curiosity and collaboration. True to our start-up roots, we’re nimble, flexible and hardworking. We have a great respect for testing and learning and a healthy aversion to scheduling meetings to discuss meetings. Lunch is catered daily. Gym membership is free. Foosball and ping pong are played often. Now a publicly-traded company, we’re as committed as ever to cultivating the culture that got us here.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, the UK and Germany with other markets on the horizon. Our offices are located in Cambridge, MA, Detroit, MI and Dublin, Ireland. If you’d like to learn more, please visit our careers page.