Business Operations Associate at Owl Labs
Owl Labs’ mission is to solve a problem we’ve all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $7.3M funding from Playground Venture’s Andy Rubin (co-founder of Android) and Boston’s Matrix Partners, Owl Labs created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
We’re looking for a Business Operations Associate that wants to gain exposure to and experience in a business operations role. Must be hands-on, a results-oriented team player, excellent communicator, and able to work autonomously.
In this role you will:
- Optimize, automate and own workflows to keep operations moving forward smoothly.
Implement continuous improvements to how hardware is delivered into the hands of customers.
- Coordinate with Sales and manage the end to end customer purchase order process.
- Work with the support team to process returns and refunds.
- Assist in making strategic decisions on improving the efficiency of current business systems.
- Bring your own ideas to the team for how we can improve and streamline our operations.
- Gain experience in a venture-backed hardware startup and have a direct impact on it’s success.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3+ years of relevant work experience
- Superior organization, attention to detail, and communication skills
- Ability to learn and execute new tasks
- Ability to thrive under pressure while meeting tight deadlines
The best candidates will have:
- A problem solver’s mind, always thinking about what we can do next
- A self-driven sense of motivation
- A “no job is too small” mentality
- The desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- The ability to work efficiently with cross functional teams