Atlassian Tools / Jira Administrator at Markforged (Watertown, MA)
As an individual contributor, you’ll be focused on providing strong internal Atlassian tooling expertise to help our organization achieve its goals. This isn’t a purely Atlassian-focused role, however - other areas of process and workflow automation are also a key area.
- Provide local subject matter expertise on all things Atlassian. Mainly, this will involve Jira - creating and customizing projects, supporting pre-existing projects, and nurturing a healthy culture of best-practice Jira usage
- Advise the business, while taking a hands-on approach to implementing necessary systems improvements, platform migrations, and upgrades
- Provide mentorship and internal training on Atlassian & agile skills
- Identify trends and problem areas using data-driven approaches and use metrics to identify focus areas for prioritization - with the end goal of improving our internal infrastructure and efficiency of our workforce
- Ensure our internal systems are stable and consistently available
- Support configuration activities, planned outages, etc
- Working on other areas that interest you within the team - this is an Atlassian tooling role first, with room for personal growth as you see fit!
Although we list out what we generally look for, we are very likely missing other attributes and skills that you have that could make you a great fit, but are not currently listed. Research has shown this especially applies to women and other marginalized groups, who tend to apply if they check 100% of every box, versus men who apply if they hit roughly 60%. The point we’re getting at, it doesn’t hurt to take a chance and apply!
- Strong Jira administration experience is a must. We’re looking for someone who’s an active Atlassian community leader and has taken Jira to the limit!
- Experience managing other Atlassian tooling - Confluence, Access, Trello etc.
- Experience with implementing or maintaining SSO/IDP services is helpful - JumpCloud/Duo, etc.
- Scripting & coding experience is a big plus, not a barrier to entry
- You’re a champion of efficiency - with a bias towards creating self-service solutions to issues encountered by users
- You are an excellent communicator; with the ability to adapt well and multi-task amidst changing priorities in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- We use Apple computers and Google collaboration tools. While experience with these tools is not required, the ideal candidate will be excited to broaden their knowledge and embrace change.