Associate Vice President, Enterprise Voice Platform at Humana Studio_h
The Associate VP, Enterprise Voice Platform is responsible for designing and implementing the organization's complex telephony infrastructure in line with pre-identified business needs and requirements while driving innovation and ensuring optimal functioning. The Associate VP, Enterprise Voice Platform requires an in-depth understanding of how organization capabilities interrelate across segments and/or enterprise-wide. Additionally, the position will define & oversee implementation of policies and procedures to ensure their operational success and delivery of a consistent, reliable and optimized customer experience.
The Associate VP, Enterprise Voice Platform may support of one or more of the following: the PBX infrastructure, Voice over IP, IVR, voicemail services, call routing technologies, Audio/Video conferencing lines, and related telephony services. The complex infrastructure may include multiple technologies from multiple vendors, such as CISCO Unified Communications, Oracle, Avaya configurations, and others.
This position employs recognized best practices to minimize unplanned service outages and maintain facility availability. This position may coordinate with other IT functional areas on systems upgrades or modifications, to minimize disruptions. This position troubleshoots more complex problems that have escalated within the telecommunications function. This position may lead teams of telecommunications professionals involved in the design of complex configurations or in the evaluation and administration of the telecommunications system. Decisions are typically related to intradepartmental coordination, development and implementation of strategic plans, and business outcomes, and develops and implements strategic plans for the scope of management that are aligned with the Segment or Business strategy.
- Set the telecommunications vision to ensure agile technology life cycle management while fostering business-oriented culture and mindset.
- Lead the operations of all components of telephony infrastructure across Humana-managed and outsourced centers to deliver best-in-class customer experience.
- Act as a trusted advisor, and build & maintain relationships with other IT leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs and enable cost- effective and innovative shared solutions accordingly.
- Define and implement the telecommunications technology strategy, vision and roadmaps in coordination with key stakeholders from Technology vendors/BPOs; ensures its integration with the enterprise's strategic planning process, and the resulting business strategy and plans.
- Design & ensure implementation of standard operating procedures & policies (including data stewardship, cleansing and audits, testing) with an oversight of quality, standard performance metrics, service level requirements and dashboards of platform performance.
- Design the contracts with managed service providers (technology vendors and BPOs) and review the terms and conditions for suitable changes on a frequent basis. Utilize effective QBR cadence to drive operational performance and efficient coordination.
- Drive transformation of enterprise capability to meet the shifting expectations of our members, providers and other constituents.
- Partner with senior leadership to identify telecommunication needs, assess their impact, formulate potential alternatives, and architect /drive solutions.
Key Candidate Qualifications
- Extensive experience as a leader and demonstrated success in building and maintaining high performing teams in customer operations and telephony space.
- Technical Aptitude – Strong business acumen and telecommunications operations and management experience including knowledge of:
- Key technologies such as Avaya environment, Oracle SBC, Real-time dashboards, SIP/voice telecommunications protocols, and telephone systems,
- Operational processes (quality management, training, etc.) and
- Key metrics (first contact resolution, occupancy, service level, etc.)
- Strong problem-solving skills in a complex telephony environment, as well as, experience in instituting quality and continuous management principles into practice
- Ability to build a strong partnership with the business with exceptional negotiation and influencing skills.
- Strong vendor management and partner relation skills with prior experience in oversight and management of contracts.
- Ability to establish vision and mission and identify solutions to complex telecommunication opportunities.
- Have a forward-looking approach and ability to continually improve service while adapting to changing business needs.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the telecommunications teams.
- Exceptional leadership skills, marked by poise, positive influence, and the ability to drive change.
- A management style that is collaborative, energetic, results-oriented, and innovative.
- A “talent magnet” who is inspiring to all levels within the organization. The ability to attract and retain top talent and build a world class technology team.
- Demonstrated advanced ability to use integrated and conceptual thinking to solve problems.
- Significant expertise establishing and develop strong working relationships with all levels of associates and external parties, while maintaining appropriate levels of objectivity to their work.
- Experience effectively communicating technology strategy and related methodologies with internal/external parties.
- Demonstrated ability to employ judgment and experience to make rapid, complex decisions.
- Highly developed interpersonal, presentation, and communications skills (written and oral).
EXPERIENCE & BEHAVIORS:
- Provide excellent customer service and technology delivery with finesse and professionalism. Become a highly respected member of the Telecommunications leadership team by being someone who can stand firm on key issues.
- Possess experience with change management to be able to more fully leverage telecommunications technology and drive innovation across multi-disciplinary teams, cultures and regions.
- Must always be educating the broader business on new telecommunications technologies and demonstrating experience with project delivery.
- Ability to hire and motivate team members, with a big emphasis on talent development and mentorship, as well as the ability to develop strong relationship skills with internal and external stakeholders.
- Possess sophisticated knowledge of consumer services businesses, preferably (but not as a prerequisite) within the healthcare insurance, more broadly in other insurance markets or financial services generally and, therefore, be able to relate to the brokerage sales model and subsequent customer support.
- This role requires a leader who can traverse both strategic and tactical priorities, working in a matrix managed organization, influencing teams, projects and groups from other divisions, within Telecommunications, IT and more broadly to deliver exceptional results.
- Must be comfortable managing enterprise level capital budgets.
- Consultative mindset: be an innovative individual who can interface with the leadership team with an ability to solve complex issues.
- Demonstrated experience working in a highly matrixed organization and partnering to achieve exceptional business outcomes. If no prior experience working within a matrix, the individual must have the mindset to take this on.
- Proven success in driving for results with a passion to create change, while balancing the value of business and people with equal priority.
- Be someone who can influence without direct control and who can thrive in a collaborative environment.
- Ambition, drive and hunger is key, be on an upward career trajectory with the desire and ability to take opportunities to grow and move around the business.
PEOPLE AND ORGANIZATION
- Define an organizational structure that enables success with Telecommunications.
- Develop a continual integration strategy to ensure that all key partners become immersed in current processes, performance, and scorecard outcomes.