Associate Support Engineer
Acquia is the open source digital experience company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology (built around Drupal) that allows them to embrace innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Headquartered in the US, we have been named as one of North America’s fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
Acquia is looking for customer support experts and technical advisors to join our Support Engineering team to help us provide exceptional service to our growing customer base, from Fortune 500 clients to Government agencies. Acquia Support is a high-energy team that offers opportunities for growth and new challenges in a collaborative, supportive atmosphere – we’re dedicated and fun!
We need smart, focused and determined individuals who have a proven ability to listen, read between the lines, and diagnose and solve problems efficiently. You get to advise Acquia customers on how to get the most from Acquia products and guide them through issues from site launches to "there's a module for that" scenarios. You’ll be part of a close-knit, tenured team of professionals helping customers all over the globe overcome obstacles and resolve issues related to their websites. It’ll be important to develop and maintain excellent customer relationships, work with Acquia’s team of top Drupalists to consult or resolve issues, and contribute to making Acquia and Drupal even more awesome. Maybe even inspire a little crazy!
- Experience with Linux - Command Line and Git is important
- Conversational understanding of LAMP and/or IIS/SQL, network protocol layers, security layers and domain models
- Site development and/or PHP development
- Passion for the web, open-source development, particularly Drupal, and for helping us continue to build our community and Acquia as a whole
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Drupal experience is a strong plus
Skills and Attributes:
- 0-3 years of experience in technical customer support or a client engagement position
- A compulsion for creating order out of chaos, and a penchant for turning over all the rocks and resolving issues thoroughly (i.e., code for being proactive and detail-oriented)
- Aptitude for building, configuring, and troubleshooting a variety of challenging technical issues for a diverse enterprise customer base
- Strives to consistently achieve excellence in work delivered
- Performs with (internal and external) customer satisfaction in mind, while not compromising the integrity of the work. Constantly questions: “How will this benefit the customer?”
- Goes beyond their day-to-day work to assist customers in a positive manner. Takes initiative to improve outcomes, processes, or measurements.
- Takes on additional responsibilities fills in gaps. Owns deliverables, accountable for results. Recognizing when it's appropriate to jump in and own it, and also when to provide support and collaboration.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related discipline is a plus, though relevant experience on the job is just fine
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.