Associate, Chief of Staff at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
Bready to make a change?
We are looking for an Associate Chief of Staff to support our Chief of Staff to the CEO and Executive Team. The ideal candidate is just as strong at analytics as s/he is at influencing senior leaders. This role will be responsible for helping run the operating system for Toast as well as driving strategic initiatives. In this highly visible role, it is equally important that this person be a strong individual contributor as much as a team player. S/he must be able to work collaboratively with cross functional departments to guide project execution, reduce obstacles to completion, and ensure initiatives meet committed timelines.
About this role
- Help manage Toast’s operating system [including its management cadence, decision making frameworks, goal setting process, operating calendar, and communications]
- Help plan, coordinate, and manage content for executive meetings
- Play a major role in the company-wide roll out and adoption of a new OKR tool
- Manage the flow of information within the executive team
- Identify ways to improve the team's operational workflow and drive process improvements
- Attend meetings and participate in projects with, or on behalf of the Chief of Staff
- Provide ad-hoc support on projects small to large; this could include research, financial modeling, internal initiatives, new expansion explorations, presentations and more.
Do you have the right ingredients?
- Process focused and detail oriented
- Strong project management skills
- Strong communications skills, as well as, change management and stakeholder management skills
- Strongly developed written and verbal communication skills
- Strong desire to focus on analytical insights and answers to tough problems
- Growth mindset: you seek out learning opportunities for yourself
- Ability to work both independently with minimal guidance and cross functionally with various teams
- Strong Quantitative and analytical skills
- 3+ years of experience of consulting / investment banking / business intelligence / strategy / high-growth operations or startup experience